New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I just got my plates for my Ford Lynx RS last night, and I was about to attach them, to my horror I discovered that the holes in my plate did not match the holes in the car, ganun ba talaga? Parang ang labo, buti na lang may drill ako sa bahay.

I bought pa naman ung parang chrome covers for the plates and i had to drill new holes on them to, tapos to cap it off sobrang iksi nung screws for the plates so hindi kaya isama ung chrome palte covers.... haaayyy buhay......

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan din nangyari sa rav4 ko. bumili na lang ako ng tig-5 pesos na nut sa hardware, ayun naisalpak namang mabuti

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung mga plaka kasi natin dito sa pinas ang wierd. Hehehehe. I think sa Japan patterned ang butas natin.

The plate holes were designed for license plates in other regions with different bolt distances and bolt sizes.

On European vehicles, you'd have to redrill your license plate because the bolt goes through the middle of the plate.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    masbadtrip naman ung plate holder ng sa FORD E-150 van..kailangan mo pang lukutin para maipagkasya mo ung plaka..tsktsk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    talagang ganyan ang buhay... naalala ko tuloy ginawa ng dad ko sa nissan altima... tinupi magkabilang dulo.. ang sagwa...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pagawan nyo na lang ng bracket. I'd rather have a clean license plate kayas dun sa madaming butas.

Yung sa USDM vehicles naman (E150) or JDM (yung dating sentra) mas ok na siguro pagawan ng extended bolts kaysa iyupi yung plates. sagwa naman nun nakatupi

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think nimrod's problem relates more to the distance between the bolts holding the plate rather than the plate holder itself.

For vehicles with narrow plate holders, I think some Toyota dealers have extended brackets which they use for the Hi Ace Super Grandia.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Ford Lynx RS Plate Holes