New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi bago lang ko dito
    balak ko sana bumili ng ford lynx 2000
    may nakita ako 160k mura na ba un?...
    tpos ipang show ko...madali ba humanap ng mga pang setup?

madali ba humanap ng mga body kits?..
    sa ford mismo or customized?
    hanggang ilang inches ng mags ang kasya ?...

madali ba humanap ng mga piyesa ng lynx pag nasira?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by robert06 View Post
    hi bago lang ko dito
    balak ko sana bumili ng ford lynx 2000
    may nakita ako 160k mura na ba un?...
    tpos ipang show ko...madali ba humanap ng mga pang setup?

madali ba humanap ng mga body kits?..
    sa ford mismo or customized?
    hanggang ilang inches ng mags ang kasya ?...

madali ba humanap ng mga piyesa ng lynx pag nasira?
    Mura, depends on variant.

Yes.

Yes.

Lots of outside shops do it.

19" is the biggest I've seen. Going bigger than 17" is difficult, as you have to find the right offset to keep the tires from rubbing on the fender, but it's doable without the need to roll the fender if you get the proper offset. There are a few Lynx showcars doing 19s. 20 might be doable, but you won't be able to get a tire thin enough to keep it near the stock height.

Lynx parts are readily available at Banawe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    hi. Im new here too, planning to buy a 2nd car... Just wondering on why ford lynx prices are lower than toyota counter parts. Lynx ghia 300k more or less.

Mahal ba ang parts mentainance etc.... Ng ford lynx.

Tnx!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Not really expensive. But Toyota's parts are cheaper, obviously.

It's just that Ford's resale value is really lower than other Toyota's & Honda's. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir get the late 2005 ford lynx ghia mas maganda i set up with moonroof pa po dream car ko ito nung highschool pa ko hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Im about to create a thread but decided just to put my inquiry here.

2000 up models are way too cheap compare to honda or toyota counterparts. Thus, very tempting kung practicality lang ang paguusapan. I got the chance to drive this car but I decided to stick with toyota baby altis instead so my dad sold our lynx before he left for US.

My question is, do you guys recommend getting this car (2000 - 2004 model)? Medyo hindi ko na kase matandaan kung oks ba ito or not since mas gusto ko ung toyota that time. What I remember is the solid feel ng body though pnag tatay ang porma.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    Im about to create a thread but decided just to put my inquiry here.

2000 up models are way too cheap compare to honda or toyota counterparts. Thus, very tempting kung practicality lang ang paguusapan. I got the chance to drive this car but I decided to stick with toyota baby altis instead so my dad sold our lynx before he left for US.

My question is, do you guys recommend getting this car (2000 - 2004 model)? Medyo hindi ko na kase matandaan kung oks ba ito or not since mas gusto ko ung toyota that time. What I remember is the solid feel ng body though pnag tatay ang porma.
    The 1999 models (first gen) had many issues with cam-position sensors going... but the later models (and replacement sensors) are better.

Common niggling issues are alignment and bushings and ball-joints... but not categorically worse than other compacts of the time. Just make sure to carefully inspect the unit before buying... especially if it's an AT. The ATs are gas-guzzlers, and they're a possible expensive failure point. MT cars are pretty okay... and they're much more fun to drive than any other car of the time. (even the Civic... the EP was never quite as nippy as the EK).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by markwayne View Post
    hi. Im new here too, planning to buy a 2nd car... Just wondering on why ford lynx prices are lower than toyota counter parts. Lynx ghia 300k more or less.

Tnx!
    Mga Sirs! Bago lang din po ako dito sa tsikot.com. I also plan to buy a Ford Lynx model 2003 or 2005. Sana may makapag bigay ng advice sakin dito. Maraming salamat po.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by markwayne View Post

Tnx!
    Hi. Im also planning to buy a 2nd hand car and Im gearing on Ford Lynx 2003 or 2005. Are they still worth buying? Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Wag na, mag civic or coroolla or city or vios ka na lang if you gonna buy cars that old

ford lynx inquiry