New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    An uncle who is a very respected mechanic keep on telling me, never buy a FORD when the vehicle has just been released, and I think its very good advice.

I bought a ranger after the ranger have been in the market for 5 years. The first time buyers of the ranger were plague with turbo problems. I am considering the Raptor as my 3rd pickup but I held back knowing that the 10 speed transmission and the 2.0L turbo engine is new to Ford. I wonder how they are performing now.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    An uncle who is a very respected mechanic keep on telling me, never buy a FORD when the vehicle has just been released, and I think its very good advice.

I bought a ranger after the ranger have been in the market for 5 years. The first time buyers of the ranger were plague with turbo problems. I am considering the Raptor as my 3rd pickup but I held back knowing that the 10 speed transmission and the 2.0L turbo engine is new to Ford. I wonder how they are performing now.
    That applies to all manufacturers as a general rule, not just with Ford. For example, Honda has that new 1.5L turbo that everyone has been raving about when it was new. Now, there there are findings of an oil dilution issue. So never buy a car with new tech that has not yet been proven yet unless you’re a risk taker...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    That applies to all manufacturers as a general rule, not just with Ford. Never buy a car with new tech that has not yet been proven yet.
    i agree.
    but 14 years ago, i gambled on the innova. and i haven't stopped crowing about it yet.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i agree.
    but 14 years ago, i gambled on the innova. and i haven't stopped crowing about it yet.
    heh heh.
    Weren’t there early issues with the D4D back in the day?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Weren’t there early issues with the D4D back in the day?
    Toyota is facing a class action suit in Australia for defective DPFs of its 2.8L engine. Not much of an issue for RP as Toyota did not put DPFs on local vehicles with the 2.8L engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Toyota is facing a class action suit in Australia for defective DPFs of its 2.8L engine. Not much of an issue for RP as Toyota did not put DPFs on local vehicles with the 2.8L engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoa. I didn’t know that. I wonder why they deleted the DPF for Philippine spec...

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)

This is what I was talking about. In the earliest days of D4D.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    They deleted dpf in pinas cuz our emission law is not strict. And more profit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    They deleted dpf in pinas cuz our emission law is not strict. And more profit.

Alam siguro nila na sanay ang mga tao dito sa usok ng jeeps, buses, at trucks. 😂

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Cheers to that!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Ford Car Problems?
    try our services
    Facebook
    we also cater via home service
    service offered
    engine over haul