New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They're too big, w/ a complete lineup from the smallest of cars to the largest of trucks, to just roll over & die....but it doesn't change the fact that they're struggling....& their products are kinda 'junk'. Pardon me, bai....like you, had tried Ford, too....& Chevy...won't defend those & no plans of having American anymore. [emoji853][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Not defending Ford or any American auto manufacturers but the fact remains they are still there despite all their challenges. These giants are still there after more than 100 years.

As to getting another American-branded car, why not? It's just a car and you will move on after its usefulness. I wouldn't mind an Explorer or Expedition on my garage, or maybe a Suburban or Escalade if I can afford to use and maintain it properly. Maybe a Mustang or Camaro or Charger or Corvette will be more to my liking. Di pala kakasya sa planned covered garage ko yung Exped but an Explorer will surely fit.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Ford will be ok, globally...

Ranger and Everest are ok in ASEAN
    F-Series are number 1 is US
    Focus and Fiesta for Europe
    EcoSport is selling well in India

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Back to the topic of this thread...

If I remember correctly, Ford did not take money from TARP... (although some news are saying they took Gov't aid from another type of fund/loan)

So depending on how you look at it, Ford is trying to strengthen its balance sheet while trying to look good in the eyes of investors...

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

If I remember correctly, Ford did not take money from TARP... (although some news are saying they took Gov't aid from another type of fund/loan)

So depending on how you look at it, Ford is trying to strengthen its balance sheet while trying to look good in the eyes of investors...
    I recall that being in the news too regarding the bailouts of "yore" (2008/2009). Hehe! Not sure about other aids though as that wasn't reported as much or given the same limelight.

I think Ford cutting its sedan lineup might be a way to go (though not sure how that will work for the EU market), with the exception of their Mustang to keep the pedigree. But they are releasing the Mustang-E (or was it E-Mustang), so they might be considering axing cars completely if the electric car proves to sell (especially since EU is become strict with emissions).

Their trucks don't use their DCT anyway, and their remaining sedans have axed it so that's working at least.

I think they are still here to stay, but they should focus their lineup or partner up with another manufacturer for platform sharing to spread R&D costs for future developments for some models if they plan to continue them, especially with sedans.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Not defending Ford or any American auto manufacturers but the fact remains they are still there despite all their challenges. These giants are still there after more than 100 years.

As to getting another American-branded car, why not? It's just a car and you will move on after its usefulness. I wouldn't mind an Explorer or Expedition on my garage, or maybe a Suburban or Escalade if I can afford to use and maintain it properly. Maybe a Mustang or Camaro or Charger or Corvette will be more to my liking. Di pala kakasya sa planned covered garage ko yung Exped but an Explorer will surely fit.
    Pull a muscle, bai. It's 1 segment the yankees alone own.[emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Let us pray.[emoji120]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123