New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I just hate that grinding sound when releasing the brakes (or its just me? or is it because we test drove it after the rain?). We find the rear head rest a bit uncomfortable. Rear legroom is above average. I like the steering feel, parang mazda 3. Acceleration, well, for me, its just fine. I brought my Hed Kandi Beach House CD. Sounds good and radio controls are user friendly. Dual-zone climate controls is a good feature (also found in the Volvo S40). You can listen to the radio or play your favorite cd without the keys (good for one hour). Plastic door mouldings sounds cheap when knocked. I am not that impressed with the desing of the rims. Mas maganda yung mags ng Focus sa VIP pass hehehehe. I like the Focus in black though Mazda 3 is more appealing to me.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; July 24th, 2005 at 12:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i went there yesterday before going to market market. may libreng lipton iced tea pa.

i like the silver one... medyo gwapo naman un focus in real life but still lacking compared to the mazda 3. pero pwede na. looks a bit classier than the mazda 3. steering wheel feels nice but interior still looks cheap although the dash is covered by not so hard plastics.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR
    yup! ok na ok ang pricing. Exactly the same as the Corolla 1.8G.
    You get additional features like dual zone climate control, the ipod/mp3 player jack and rear aircon vents.
    that's good news, sure hope other car manufacturers would follow suit
    on the ipod jack, make it standard on all stereo systems.

the 900k is too expensive, between an Escape 4x2 & a Focus. I'd still
    choose the Escape.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    the 900k is too expensive, between an Escape 4x2 & a Focus. I'd still
    choose the Escape.
    the lowered 999K price of the escape is tempting but its lack of features as compared to the Focus is a big downside. With dual zone climate controls, telesoping steering wheels, rear aircon vents in a sedan, etc. are good features that could be found in some cars of the same price or higher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford Focus Test Drive (NBC Tent at The Fort, July 23-24)