New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Sakin grabe kasi shuddering lalo na pag mag slow down ako until ful stop. Everything else is okay with me. Its my everyday car. They have reprogrammed my TCM many times before during the warranty period because of this freaking shuddering issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Sakin grabe kasi shuddering lalo na pag mag slow down ako until ful stop. Everything else is okay with me. Its my everyday car. They have reprogrammed my TCM many times before during the warranty period because of this freaking shuddering issue.

We've done that reprogramming even after the TCM was replaced, issue persisted. Mas evident lalo kapag uphill drive, kahit naka activaye na yung mode that reduces the transmission shift interval (that button located at the side of the transmission lever).

I also noticed that shuddering happens a lot after driving the car after an hour. Not much with short trips.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I also noticed that shuddering happens a lot after driving the car after an hour. Not much with short trips.
    I did notice that the car's tranny feels limp after driving for an extended period in the rush hour traffic (mid afternoon) from Sucat to Balintawak. On the highway though, wala naman issues even driving at high speeds thru NLEX-SCTEX.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    So I just went to Ford Cavite and they are charging me 3500 for the diagnosis. Hay! And if its related sa extended warranty eh wala ako babayaran.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I did notice that the car's tranny feels limp after driving for an extended period in the rush hour traffic (mid afternoon) from Sucat to Balintawak. On the highway though, wala naman issues even driving at high speeds thru NLEX-SCTEX.
    Same here.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The shuddering becomes more frequent when the transmission gets hot as claimed from this vid:

(this vid was already shared from an older post in this thread)

I'm going to try out the suggestions from the vid (requires a traffic-free open road).

It pays to check also if there are signs of potential damage to the Fiesta's transmission. Here's one informative vid:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    hello, i have a mk2 tdci ford focus, any recommendation for engine mounts?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Boss na resolve ba ung shuddering issue ng eco mo? Same problem tayo minsan nga sakin ayaw na umarangkada pag stop n go trapik.

Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by daxie View Post
    Boss na resolve ba ung shuddering issue ng eco mo? Same problem tayo minsan nga sakin ayaw na umarangkada pag stop n go trapik.
    Mine is a Fiesta. Nope it was not resolved since yung Ecoboost is not covered ng extended warranty for the clutch assembly. Hindi daw kasi TCM problema kundi clutch assembly ko kaya I just live with it. Hataw na lang lagi but with our current traffic condition na stop and go lagi ko siya ramdam.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast