New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    So I will just have to live with it noh. Or kelangan ba ibalik ko ng ibalik sa casa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it is still under warranty then it's best to have it checked again. We don't have much options with this issue but to bring it to the casa and hope that they'll be able to fix it without costing us owners with ridiculous expenses.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    If it is still under warranty then it's best to have it checked again. We don't have much options with this issue but to bring it to the casa and hope that they'll be able to fix it without costing us owners with ridiculous expenses.
    Yup. Kaso wala na sa warranty eh. Akala ko covered ako nung 10 year warranty.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017

And this is the frustrating thing about this issue. Ford knows there's this recurring issue with the DCT but they won't give an extended warranty once the faulty part is replaced.

I don't know if there are other better options. Perhaps a legal case against Ford like what some owners have done at other countries like in Thailand, Canada and Australia.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

some ecosports have been upgraded to 7yr extended warranty for the DCT tranny. check w/ your dealer. if they give you the runaround file a complaint w/ DTI

this stupid DCT was all ford's fault, the consumer shouldn't have to pay for it

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ang alam ko nga eh may mga nagfile na complaint even sa DTI pero wala bulag at bingi ang Ford.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ang alam ko nga eh may mga nagfile na complaint even sa DTI pero wala bulag at bingi ang Ford.

Ang tanong is may ngipin ba complaints sa DTI.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ang tanong is may ngipin ba complaints sa DTI.
    Exactly. I guess I will just have to ask my dealer if extended warraty sa case ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I received a letter from Ford instructing me to bring my Fiesta to a nearby Ford dealer to have the TCM reprogrammed. I did not bother to go. I have heard so many stories from fellow Fiesta owners who brought their rides for a TCM reprogramming or replacement only for their rides not to drive as well as before. My Fiesta is driving well on a day-to-day basis.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I received a letter from Ford instructing me to bring my Fiesta to a nearby Ford dealer to have the TCM reprogrammed. I did not bother to go. I have heard so many stories from fellow Fiesta owners who brought their rides for a TCM reprogramming or replacement only for their rides not to drive as well as before. My Fiesta is driving well on a day-to-day basis.
    Our Fiesta's TCM broke down 2 years ago. Not much difference after it was replaced, drive experience is still horrible whenever the transmission shudders. I bought a 2018 Mazda3 instead, better zoom zoom experience. I just use the Fiesta for number coding and short trips.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Our Fiesta's TCM broke down 2 years ago. Not much difference after it was replaced, drive experience is still horrible whenever the transmission shudders. I bought a 2018 Mazda3 instead, better zoom zoom experience. I just use the Fiesta for number coding and short trips.
    That's sad on your end. My Fiesta is working out fine on my end and I have been able to adapt well to its DCT tranny. It just feels quicker off the line compared to my FXT. The FXT is a lot quicker and faster but it feels a bit off the line (due to CVT tranny). The Fiesta feels livelier to drive and can easily sweep in and out of traffic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast