New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hi all, just a newcomer to these forums.

I'm planning on getting a Ford Focus (5-door variant) in the next few months. According to the Ford website, it'll sell for about Php850k (f-dorr 1.8L Trend variant), is that right? I also read a press release saying that the new Focus model was going to be released in July this year?

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be better if I just wait for the new model, or if it's ok to get the current model? If I do opt to wait for the new model to be released, is there an estimate price on how much it would be (would it be more expensive than the current model)? Also, would the introduction of the new model bring down the prices of the current model?

Sorry for the many questions, just want to be sure when I make this purchase. :P

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    wait. it was announced na so no point in not waiting unless you need the car already.

get the new one when it gets released... or get the old one when the new one gets released at a discounted price.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd prefer you get the new model nalang, especially if you don't need a car now.

Kawawa yung resale value mo paglabas ng old model, plus the psychological factor that will make your car not feel so 'new' anymore hehe.

Even if there may be potential defects in the new model, there's always the warranty for that.

Civic FD namin binili namin Q3 '06 nung unang labas, no glaring problems naman hehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The advantage of the old model is the whooping price discounts especially as the new Focus will come from Thailand so Ford will really try to sell out all its inventory of locally made MK2 Focus... Buy it as the we draw near the release of the MK3 if you really want the MK2 para malaki discount mo and that should well offset any depreciation.

Personally, I would wait for the MK3 Focus! Iba na talaga standards ng mga ONE FORD vehicles compared to the old ones.
    Last edited by tidus1203; April 13th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    By the way I want to add this as this will likely affect your decision, the new Focus will arrive in 2012. Yes next year pa! So its still quite a ways off...

Ford Focus (5-door) - now, or later?