New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Just a had a chance to drive the Focus 2.0 HB around my area yesterday. Here are some of my initial comments:

1) Exterior styling - Excellent and very European! I especially liked the rear portion & the large windows.

2) Drive - Nice power delivery for a 2.0L car although it has 4 gears only. Nice steering feel and car feels very light and easy to drive. Brakes are also good. The big windows also helped w/ outside visibility.

3) Interior - Aircon console reminds me of Audi and I like the idea on the rear aircon vents. The sunroof is also a nice touch. However, I know it has been pointed out already, but the seats were VERY tall and hard. I think this is the most uncomfortable car seat I've sat on recently (gets worse when you try the front passenger side). Also, the front headrests were too thick and big so you don't get to see much view when you sit in the back.

Sayang, the car seemed almost perfect. The Ford badge (maybe its just me) put me off a bit but the poor choice of car seats really made me decide to look for another model instead.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by etvillanueva196
    I traveled to alabang this week, average fuel was at 12.5km/l at 2000-2500rpm speeds at 70-80km. Accelaration was fast. But neck breaking RS lynx fast? Look elsewhere. Seats are hard but not uncomfortable, my child sleeps, when we travel in it. It is a very nice car to own.

Nice Review 'etvillanueva196', and that is good fuel economy. it looks like Ford Europe really did their homework to make the Focus top in class even in power-train dept. At least the "HE" supposedly high efficiency naming for the duratec engine sounds really good. and IMO, the full potential of the car (in terms of Power & Fuel Economy) won't be reached till 12,000km. so things are looking up good. BTW, can u comment on the stereo? Ipod connectivity? NVH (quietness), Steering effort (i found it too light). don't use miss the manual tranny?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree with you parakitoJDM on the steering, kind of light but it's precise. After a hard day, you would not want to struggle parking or driving your car. So to me it's an advantage. Feed back on open road, I wish I knew what that means. All I know is that, ang sarap imaneho ang kotse. Stereo sounds great, crisp and clear, perfect for acoustics type of music, not to overly bassy or to tweety. Too much of both gives me a head ache, but then again, i only used the cd, haven't tried yet the ipod connectivity. Nvh is comparable to the 1998 accord vtil that I use to drive. So i guess, the cabin is quiet. You see parakitoJDM, I only compared it to the cars that I have driven, and owned, and all my comments are only my opinion. In other words I'm the everyday joe, who goes to work, weekend offs, and scheduled vacation type of car owner, none racer type. As to missing the thrill of the m/t, lets just say that almost all the cars that I drove were a/t. I leave the m/t to my driver and the kids. Shift shocks on m/t give me nausea, especially if I'm the one driving.But sometimes i notice that upon speeding up from a speed of 30-40kph, may shift shock na parang nalilito ang a/t, maybe driving style ko not optimum but I never experienced that with the accord, not really annoying naman.The car's styling and overall package appeals to me compared to the mz3 and cicvic06, kind of understated. Top speed, really don't know, fastest was at 130kph. Sofar, no noticable defects experieced with the focus. If you will notice, my comments betray my age, 4+ na. pero hindi pa lolo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats, focus is an excellent car. watch for the concise review of the Focus HB by tomorrow.

too light ba yung steering? i found it a bit firmer than most, more linear and more direct and more precise than most too. it's one of the things i liked most with the focus hehe. the CR-V's steering, which is pretty good already, pales in comparison.

downsides for me: narrow footwells for driver and front passenger, inconvenient access to hood, narrow trunk, ultra-firm and uncomfortably angled headrests, and engine roar is a bit too loud for the 2.0. i felt it had zero torque on tap at low rpm too hehe (kind of like a Honda K20, only it seemed even weaker).

but damn, it feels good to drive!
    Last edited by mbt; November 2nd, 2005 at 03:56 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It feels light for me, but then, I drive an RS. :lol: Otherwise it's a great daily drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Finally after 3weeks of waiting! i will finally get to enjoy my new car. MY PLATE HAS ARRIVED!! But wait! MY CAR IS NEW BUT MY PLATE NUMBER IS XND..
    Mejo malabo toh..
    My CRV got it 2002 plate was XGE
    ALTIS got it APRIL of LAST YEAR plate was XPJ
    Jazz got it also last year plate was XTU

Why is my plate number XND?? I was expecting a ZBJ or something that started with Z..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    "tira tirang" plates?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    Finally after 3weeks of waiting! i will finally get to enjoy my new car. MY PLATE HAS ARRIVED!! But wait! MY CAR IS NEW BUT MY PLATE NUMBER IS XND..
    Mejo malabo toh..
    My CRV got it 2002 plate was XGE
    ALTIS got it APRIL of LAST YEAR plate was XPJ
    Jazz got it also last year plate was XTU

Why is my plate number XND?? I was expecting a ZBJ or something that started with Z..
    That sure is an anomaly! XND?! looks like that plate belongs to circa 2003. The recent plates I'm seeing on the roads are ZBS or ZB*.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung boss ng mom ko bumili ng Accord ng January plate "ZAB***"
    yung officemate nya bumili ng Camry just this September plate"XTY***"

minsan ata talaga nangyayari yan...

hassle lang talaga i still prefer plates na latest of course, come selling time baka akala ng buyer bluff pag cnabi mong 2005 otto mo...
    sabihin mo na lang "Hoy!!! 2005 nilabas Focus tungak!" ;P

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmmm...makes me now really wonder. We got our CR-V last July and our plate # is XR&-*%*. So far mga nakikita kong CR-V like ours has XT* or XS* or ZA or ZB. We were all expecting it na Z.

anyway back to topic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ford Focus