New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    Finally i got my focus today!
    -Its a great ride, i haven't ever channel surfed on the radio that much, but the radio control on the wheel made me do so.
    -The Manual/Auto shift thing is great too.. A bit lag though, but still a good feature.
    -The only setback on this ride is its SEATS! They are ROCK HARD.
    when i test drove it, i didn't really notice much the seats . so probably it means it was comfortable for me. and btw, firm seats are much better than floaty ones like in the Sofa. you will feel much better after a long drive than a very soft one. i'm sure u'l get used to it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agreed. My Lynx has stiff seats, but they're good for long trips. My previous car, an Exalta, had very soft and comfortable seats, but they caused most of us back pains on trips longer than one hour.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    congrats...ganda ng sedan Focus...ayoko lang stock mags...parang sa Innova G.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    QUESTION GUYS..
    The spare tire of my Focus is SO SMALL. WHY IS THIS SO??

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The spare tire is a 'donut'. Some cars do include donuts for spare tires. These are used only when you get a flat tire and can be used only for short distances and not daily use. (check the manual for the recommended use).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    for a car that is priced near to a cool million, you would expect to get at least a full spare and not a donut type

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung DONUT, yung ba yung temporary/compact spare na tinatawag?

yung sa adventure namin yung spare di kasya sa harap sa likod lang.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    The spare tire is a 'donut'. Some cars do include donuts for spare tires. These are used only when you get a flat tire and can be used only for short distances and not daily use. (check the manual for the recommended use).
    i think there are several reasons;
    * most people (like me) seldomly use original spare tires.
    [proof in the ten years i have my ESi, prolly twice?] so why waste
    money on something that u never really need?

* todays car's have bigger and bigger wheels/tires.
    [ten years ago 185/65R14 would suffice, now at least 205/55/R16]
    so that would eat more volume in the trunk and Mfgs want to avoid that.

* It weighs less, and in this day n age of higher body rigidity things are
    weighing more and more. and manufacturers need to avoid this because
    it affects acceleration and fuel economy numbers.

* It should cost less, and hopefully mfgs pass on the savings to us :D
    (i hope )

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi to all, new here. I do have a focus for 1 month now, with 1800 kms. Had my 1000, pms at 2wks of use. The focus 1.8 is a nice family car for me. It's looks are conservative, which I like. Also considered the mz3, but find it to sporty.
    My gas consumption on the first 350km was a dismal 7.8km/l, the car also felt a little slugish as compared to the test car i drove, but upon reaching 600km, the car started to open up. Fuel consumption, reached 8.9km/l city and highway driving. Upon reaching 1000km, traveled to highlands tagaytay wherein consumption was noted at 11.8km/l. I traveled to alabang this week, average fuel was at 12.5km/l at 2000-2500rpm speeds at 70-80km. Accelaration was fast. But neck breaking RS lynx fast? Look elsewhere. Seats are hard but not uncomfortable, my child sleeps, when we travel in it. No sore ass noted after travelling for 2-3hours. Air con is ok, and I set it at 19'c on auto, does't feel hot or weak at midday as reported by motioncars.com. All reveiws as to drivng dynamics seems true I think, but I'm no expert. "never raced a car.", compared to the previous cars I owned, 96 corolla gli, 98 honda, 04sentr gs, it is a big leap forward. no problems encountered yet. Here in San Pablo Laguna, 4 foci were sold in month of sept, 2 of which are from my neighbors. We meet and talk about our foci, and share same sentiments about the car. It is a very nice car to own.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sadly i have to go back to Ford Libis and return my unit and have some stuff changed.

- Chrome Fixtures on the trunk have bubbles
    - Air Bubbles on the tint.
    - Door handle on the passenger side is loose.

YIKES! HOPE THIS IS IT! NO MORE HEADACHES i hope..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ford Focus