New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Good day sir!

I have a question lang po regarding sa Ford Focus na 07.

I am possibly buying my first ever car, though sadly second hand lang siya kasi yun pa lang ang kaya ng budget ko and I really need a car kasi for my convenience sa pag pasok sa school na malayo sa bahay namen.

I would love to own a Ford Focus kasi to keep it short, maporma, hindi common and the reviews were amazing. Im planning to keep the car for more than 5 years kasi if this pushes through, it would be my first car and I am not really particular about the resale value kasi I know that magtatagal siya sa akin, possibly gamit ko hanggang residency.

I found an ad sa sulit.ph pertaining to a second hand one. Cheapest '07 Ford Focus Almost 08 Model, Rush kasi Philippines - 4211661

1.What I would like to know po would be kung mahal po ba usually ang maintainance ng Focus na 2007 and talaga po bang problem car siya pagdating sa medyo matagal na panahon?

2. Another thing would be the availability of parts po and the cost of it, would that be a problem as compared to let say a honda city or an altis?

3. Tips po regarding sa second hand car buying ie: what to check to make sure na hindi flooded, maayos ung condition ng makina etc.

4. Realistic po ba yung pricing ng ginoong seller, hindi po ba siya parang too good to be true?

More or less ang magiging budget ko po kasi ay nasa 300-350 lang po, any other tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated kasi po noobie po talaga ako pagdating sa pagbili ng kotse.

Thank you very much and more power po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    hi first of all i do agree with the focus being a great looking car. clicking your link i see its a sedan though it looks nice the focus looks way better as a hatch, well guess for most thats the opinion, including mine anyways, you are looking at a 4 year old car here, what you dont know is the history of how the owner used it or worse if this has been flooded by mr. ondoy back then. get a car detailed really well and theres little traces of being flooded.

maintenance - expensive if you have it done at the casa and is in no way a guaranteed way that you good great value for your money as well as service. i suggest if you or any of your family has a suking shop then it should be a good place to start. your next problem maybe the parts as most parts well some but not all can be bought only from ford. though i maybe wrong.

if you do buy the car it is prudent you change oil and all the liquids in it, specially transmission fluids. i would strongly suggest you do this.

the price should be ok, american cars sadly have lower resale value. but then i wouldnt care. im a focus user as well.

fuel efficiency is your next issue. i drive an automatic and i can tell you its gas thirsty but when you drive it, you forget that fuel part. seeing you are a medical student ( am i right to assume on this?) driving from one point to another i guess would be ok. im not saying you cant afford it but then savings is savings.

lastly, i would suggest you go for the hatch. if you can find one then go for it if it fits your budget. but if you want fue efficiency etc choose between a honda civic or a toyota. hope this helps but well i really love driving my focus. good luck and let us know. post pics too!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    heres a link
    06 Ford Focus 2 0 AT Hatchback Limited Edition Philippines - 4315059

its a 2006 but no diff really but bigger engine at 2.0 and its a nice back hatch. its 390K but im sure thats negotiable

heres another sedan
    ford focus 05 tiptronic A/T Philippines - 4184985

heres another hatch with 18" rims
    2007 FORD FOCUS HATCHBACK 2.0L AUTOMATIC Philippines - 3977152

FOR SALE FORD FOCUS 2006 MODEL A Philippines - 4265188

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thank you very much for the inputs sir. Yes sir, I am currently a med student, 1st year, and it is really tough especially if you commute to manila from qc everyday.

I really like the look of the focus, it looks very "professional" and somewhat elegant.

compared to, let say a 06 civic 1.8 s, and the focus, gas wise, which consumes more?

another question of mine would be, what are the particulars in the car that I have to look into/ask for me to make sure that it is "ondoy free"?

thanks in advanced!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshineacid View Post
    Thank you very much for the inputs sir. Yes sir, I am currently a med student, 1st year, and it is really tough especially if you commute to manila from qc everyday.

I really like the look of the focus, it looks very "professional" and somewhat elegant.

compared to, let say a 06 civic 1.8 s, and the focus, gas wise, which consumes more?

another question of mine would be, what are the particulars in the car that I have to look into/ask for me to make sure that it is "ondoy free"?

thanks in advanced!
    it maybe hard to determine that already unfortunately seeing its been over a year. im no expert but well maybe some of the experts can give inputs.

yes the focus was built to look professional and sporty. thats one of the things that i love with it. unfortunately it also consumes more gas compared to the honda but it makes up for the driving experience. its a fun car to drive, well at least for me but if you want practical i guess the civic is a better choice.

good luck!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I own a 08 Ford Focus 1.8 MT. For regular parts that need replacement like oil filter and air filter, MazFord in banawe carries them. Medyo expensive compared to other brands pero ok na rin. Pero yung parts lalo na electricals like sensors, hindi siguro sila nag stock nun so kailangan pang i-order. Mahal maintenance sa Casa so suggest ko na hanap ka na lang ng mapagkakatiwalaan na mekaniko or shop.

Para ma spot kung nabaha, try mong silipin yung ilalim ng dashboard sa may driver side. Magdala ka ng flashlight. Pag may nakita kang kalawang or marka ng putik malamang na baha yun.

Ford focus 07 1.8 questions