New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Friends!

A few days ago I found it strange that after turning off the engine, the radiator fan kept spinning. I started the engine and turned it off again. The fan went off.

Doing some research I found this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/64617-ford-fiesta-engine-off-but-some-other-motor.html

Have any of you experienced the same? Is this true for you owners of other brand/models?

Do you think it is feature or a glitch?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    normal naman yan kasi mainit pa ang engine baka naka trigger pa yung thermoswitch..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah perfectly normal yan, the ECU will detect naman if the fan needs to be spinning depending on the heat even of the engine is off already...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I experienced this once. I thought it was a bug

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    No need to worry sir. That is normal, even the VW's has these even if you have locked your car the fans are still running.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    not an owner of Fiesta pero kahit anong auto na ang fan ay electrical powered (not belt driven) and controlled ng thermoswitch, then normal lang ito.

but if after a quite some minutes na ganun pa rin, hindi na normal iyon, observe niyo sir, dapat mamatay din iyon kaagad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian119 View Post
    No need to worry sir. That is normal, even the VW's has these even if you have locked your car the fans are still running.
    I can confirm that this is an excellent feature. Having both watercooled VW’s and the Fiesta, they are equipped with after-run fan. Controlled by a thermo-switch yan.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Most of the cars nowadays ay ganyan broTS, nothing to worry....

Ford Fiesta Radiator Fan