New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Its a totally new grille. This is the same grille as the UK Zetec model.
    Made in Austria from Ford of Europe.
    I am open to offers via pm for my old grille for any trend owners that want to be "sportified"

I can see you kept the original plate holes. What happened with the rear plate? Which got drilled?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I can see you kept the original plate holes. What happened with the rear plate? Which got drilled?
    I drilled the plate not the car, as the holes are in the car already.
    Much easier to drill the plate. Also, I find the holes in the center of the plate gives it less chance to rattle or vibrate if attached properly.
    Nothing worse than a vibrating plate when you close your trunk or HB.
    I customized an acrylic cover and used rubber foam tape behind the plate to stop it vibrating. Just finished it this afternoon.
    Sorry about the pic...its dark outside eh
    I will try and post a better pic tomorrow in daylight.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I drilled the plate not the car, as the holes are in the car already.
    Much easier to drill the plate. Also, I find the holes in the center of the plate gives it less chance to rattle or vibrate if attached properly.
    Nothing worse than a vibrating plate when you close your trunk or HB.
    I customized an acrylic cover and used rubber foam tape behind the plate to stop it vibrating. Just finished it this afternoon.
    Sorry about the pic...its dark outside eh
    I will try and post a better pic tomorrow in daylight.

Saludo!

All points well made as usual. Your rear plate "diskarte" will be a very good model for our bros yet to attach theirs.

I'm sure you've seen my "car drilling" rear plates. Somehow I felt two extra holes on the plates not justified enough. Holes on the car are concealed and I found no danger to it whatsoever.

Now that you mention it, the rear plates do rattle on my Honda and I should put in some rubber foam tape as well.

In my FoFi, I observe no rattle, but will put in foam tape for as an added measure.

When you post a new pic, can you not blur the second screw? I'm curious if it hit the numbers.

Our plates definitely are not designed to get holes in that particular location.
    Last edited by vivafoxpro; March 12th, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Where the screw drops depends on what number your last digit is. Mine is a 6 and the screw goes through the left side of the "circle" part of the 6.
    Thing is, you really don't notice it once installed. You may notice it if the screw was half on the number and half on the white background, but I doubt it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^^^ what plate cover is that? ok yan ah. where did you get it and what brand. how much na rin?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    ^^^ what plate cover is that? ok yan ah. where did you get it and what brand. how much na rin?
    Its made by "Welars". Supposed to be made in Australia. Cost P1600 for 2 pieces.
    When I said "customized" I really meant it. The original cover fitment technique is supposed to be plastic plug screws that fit through holes in the sides of the acrylic cover. The plastic screws then go behind the plate holding the cover and plate together.
    There are 4 problems with this.

1. The cover is not held to the plate solid enough for me.(may rattle/vibrate)
    2. The cover is too "deep", covering access to the hatchbacks door button release.
    3. The "deep" cover also blocks the light from the plate being illuminated at night.
    4. The bodywork on the back of the hatchback has a slight curve, so the plate never "sits" right.

I attacked the cover with my "Dremmel" cutting tool, shortening the sides, and also cutting it to match the curve of the bodywork metal.
    I dumped the plastic screws, attaching the cover to the plate by drilling 2 holes through the clear acrylic. This way, the screws hold the cover to plate, and both to the car, using the existing holes in the FoFi.
    Foam rubber tape was then attached to the back of the license plate to make a solid fit.
    I also made plastic spacers, between plate and cover, to make sure the clear acrylic does not crack when tightened up.
    Its a lot of work, and not something you can buy off the shelf, but I feel it is all worth it when you see the pics tomorrow.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Finally found my can of gray primer. I probably need heat-resistant paint for this pero pansamantala, I think the primer will do for this-

That's the steel rod which acts as a hanger for your muffler, btw. As you can see, it has already began to rust.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    More rear plate with cover pics -

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Ang ganda. Pwede ba i-request sa casa na wag na butasan ang plates sa taas yung para sa likod?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    More rear plate with cover pics -

That is the best way to do it going the way of the "plate drill". Here is one way for the "FoFi drill":

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa