New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I have a workaround for that:

1. Retrofit the current headlight assembly with whatever projectors you want.

2. You have two options now:
    A. Install "out of loop" switches and power supply. A toggle switch or such will be installed on the dash
    or B. Have the power supply to the high and low beams connected to some small white LEDs. The LEDs beam their light on a photo sensor. The photo sensor activates the HIDs. Very rube goldberg but it will surely not void warranty.

OR

Retrofit the new ones and once warranty is needed, pop in the old ones pretending to be innocent. Do not have the exact word but "Patay Male" is the exact term
    The cool thing about the Fiesta headlight is that it only takes 2 bolts and a plastic plug to remove/replace them. The wiring loom just plugs straight in with one plug.
    On my old Honda I had to remove the whole front bumper to get the headlights out.
    It is very easy to use another light with the Fiesta, and just replace it before a service, or warranty claim.
    Its a bit difficult to put in, then take out, the ballasts and wiring for a hid, so that will have to wait till after the warranty expires.
    Hid ballasts have to be connected directly to the battery, with the signal to the relay coming from the dash switch. Surely a void of warranty.
    As I understand it, any additional wiring, even "out of loop" would void the warranty. I do not want to give them any excuses to not honor the warranty, should it be needed. If you read the warranty details given in the paperwork we got with our cars...headlights are specifically mentioned as an item that could void warranty if tampered with.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    The cool thing about the Fiesta headlight is that it only takes 2 bolts and a plastic plug to remove/replace them. The wiring loom just plugs straight in with one plug.
    On my old Honda I had to remove the whole front bumper to get the headlights out.
    It is very easy to use another light with the Fiesta, and just replace it before a service, or warranty claim.
    Its a bit difficult to put in, then take out, the ballasts and wiring for a hid, so that will have to wait till after the warranty expires.
    Hid ballasts have to be connected directly to the battery, with the signal to the relay coming from the dash switch. Surely a void of warranty.
    As I understand it, any additional wiring, even "out of loop" would void the warranty. I do not want to give them any excuses to not honor the warranty, should it be needed. If you read the warranty details given in the paperwork we got with our cars...headlights are specifically mentioned as an item that could void warranty if tampered with.
    Yes you are correct and I agree. The dealer is on the lookout for their own profit and they will take all steps to prevent third party purchases.

Too bad they don't anticipate extra sales such as the things we are pushed to obtain even outside the country.

Frustrating and exciting at the same time ... Opening that parcel like its Xmas morning, with that certain smell coming out of the box has a joy of its own .

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Since you are already in reverse, it is better to tap in parallel to your reverse light.
    That was my first thought but I like the idea of augmenting my rear fog even if I'm driving forward. That dummy reflector on the other side of the rear bumper should be a perfect location but what light to use?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    That was my first thought but I like the idea of augmenting my rear fog even if I'm driving forward. That dummy reflector on the other side of the rear bumper should be a perfect location but what light to use?
    Sir Kevo and I had a small exchange re the same topic here:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291

My opinion was the rear fogs are mounted too low for large trucks and buses. It might be better to mount new rear fog augmentation on either side of your third brake light which you can adjust the throw.

Either way, parallel is the way to go being careful not to put in too much wattage on the new bulbs as to overload the wiring. Otherwise if you prefer really high power bulbs, you might want a similar wiring setup the way I did with my front fogs. The new wiring carries all the amperage, while the existing wiring only provides a signal.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sir Kevo and I had a small exchange re the same topic here:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291

My opinion was the rear fogs are mounted too low for large trucks and buses. It might be better to mount new rear fog augmentation on either side of your third brake light which you can adjust the throw.

Either way, parallel is the way to go being careful not to put in too much wattage on the new bulbs as to overload the wiring. Otherwise if you prefer really high power bulbs, you might want a similar wiring setup the way I did with my front fogs. The new wiring carries all the amperage, while the existing wiring only provides a signal.
    Puwede. Actually, I'm thinking of using LED lights para low wattage. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    just for reference.. here are the speakers i got.

cost me 10,600 for the set with installation at mickeys auto sound.

www.mickeysautosound.com

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    www.mickeysautosound.com
    Wow! With such expensive speakers, the covers should be mounted outside the door panels.

Cheap plastic lang kasi yung stock covers.

If so, please share some pics on how they mounted the covers on top of the panels.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ sweet! high end speakers on a high end fiesta!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

www.mickeysautosound.com

care to share the sound quality of those ?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

care to share the sound quality of those ?
    just placed them inside the doors using the stock speaker covers. the shape of the stock grills are molded and have a weird shape. didnt want to ruin the OEM look also so i opted not to have the grills placed. parang mahirap din lagay since parang squarish yung stock shape.

placed feedback somewhere at the back of this thread. if you are not a sound guy.. you may not even notice the difference from the stock fiesta sport setup.

now that ive set it up properly via the head unit EQ, and the ipod EQ... heres my feedback now that ive spent quite some time listening to it. mejo lumambot na rin yung woofers so it sound better now.

also.. i used to be really into portable audio. im just saying this since i believe this is important to really know where my impressions are coming from. i used to have shure e3cs ($200 in-ear headphones)... bitin... so i upgraded to shure e4cs ($300 in-ear headphones... these are small headphones and not the big ones). bitin pa rin... planning to upgrade next year to jh-audio customs ($600 na!). for some instances... i use cans.. i have the shure srh440s... about $99 which i love. really wanted to go higher end for the cans when i got it last year in the US but the ipod on its own without an amp cant properly feed enough power to the more high end ones .

im also a bit into home theater but not hardcore. spent more on my earphones than my home theater. i dont know anything at all about car audio. but i pretty much know what sounds good or not.

so now on to my impressions for the infinities running on the stock head unit... with the ford OEM ipod cable.

also to note... here are the best settings i found for my setup

IPOD EQ: flat
    Fiesta Head Unit settings: DSP-rock, EQ-everything set to 0 except for fader +1 rear, mid -1

PROS:
    *more detailed than stock fiesta speakers
    *highs are brighter.... infinity tweeters sound a LOT better than the stock tweeters
    *better construction overall of the speakers, infinities were installed with the included crossover, infinity speakers were maybe 2x-3x heavier than the stock speakers also

CONS:
    *low end lacks punch. more detailed than the stock speakers again but bass has been reduced. the stock head unit just cant power them enough
    *volume is a bit lower with the infinities vs the stock. upping the volume gives distortion on the low end... mejo basag na. the stock speakers could go a bit louder vs the infinities without distortion.
    *mp3s with low bit rates (128 kbps) sound bad... actually this is a PRO if you are into audio. it means that the speakers can really show you how a good mp3 file should sound like... though it also highlights the negatives of low bit rate files

CONCLUSION:
    bitin pa rin ako. i get waaay better clarity from my ipod and headphones... so im itching to install an amplifier. im thinking of getting a midrange 4 channel amp. looking at the rockford fosgate R300... thats about 10k php. haaay. pag di ako nagapagpigil ill have one installed when i get the time. also to note... my service advisor at ford connecticut said that theres no problem with warranty even with an amp install. i guess basta tama pag install.

if you are not an audio guy... you will notice the upgrade but it wont be worth 10k to you. specially if you use low quality mp3s na pirated pa. i rip my mp3s from original cds and set it to a bit rate of 256 kbps minimum. i also use AAC since the file size is smaller than mp3s for the same quality.

if you have a fiesta sport... i believe that cheap speaker upgrades (5k-ish php for fronts and backs) wont be much of an upgrade. baka pareho lang sa stock ang tunog so just hang on to your cash.

to be honest... i feel that my 10k upgrade isnt that worth it... not yet at least since wala pa amp. i almost went crazy and went for focals.... but that would set me back around 18k just for fronts and backs... entry level focal pa yun. didnt feel like spending that much right away since i never really upgraded my speakers before... wala pa ako alam.

my estimate is that the stock speakers with the stock head unit sounds like 5k speakers already with an aftermarket (pioneer head unit). made this estimate since my sister's car has a pioneer head unit (10k-ish) with a set of 5k-ish speakers. so if you are just gonna go for a 5k-ish speaker upgrade wag na lang.

hope this looong post helps someone here who is undecided on getting a speaker upgrade.

feel free to ask if theres any questions. will be glad to give more feedback. big upgrade daw if i get an amp. my friend who is an audio engineer in australia (not for cars though.. but for a studio) said that im not doing my speakers justice by not amping them. if i do get an amp... will post back and update my feedback on the upgrade.

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa