New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Great! With great guts in fixing your side mirror with silicone sealant against would be thieves and armed with your very own heat gun, we will be happy to see a demo of the procedure not using some other dude's headlight but with our own elongated lens.

IMHO the oven procedure is the proper way to do it getting gradual even rise in temperature. Heat guns provide a concentrated channel of hot air. Reckless as I am, I am not willing to risk my headlights deforming due to uneven temperature.
    Naalala ko pala - our headlight front covers are made of plastic. Wouldn't it get damaged if heated inside an oven?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    Naalala ko pala - our headlight front covers are made of plastic. Wouldn't it get damaged if heated inside an oven?
    With every mod there is always a risk. I consider heating and opening the headlight housing a great risk. Kung 20K ang fog lights, baka abutin ng 100K ang headlights kung salaki masira.

In short, pass muna ako sa challenge mo sir .

BTW, I inspected the insides of the side mirror. You are correct that it will be easy to pry off the mirror by hoodlums. I plan to use your silicone technique applied from the inside binding the mirror to the motor assembly. Reinforced but at the same time movable pa rin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    With every mod there is always a risk. I consider heating and opening the headlight housing a great risk. Kung 20K ang fog lights, baka abutin ng 100K ang headlights kung salaki masira.

In short, pass muna ako sa challenge mo sir .

BTW, I inspected the insides of the side mirror. You are correct that it will be easy to pry off the mirror by hoodlums. I plan to use your silicone technique applied from the inside binding the mirror to the motor assembly. Reinforced but at the same time movable pa rin.
    Actually, if you order online, you can get original Ford oem headlights for
    260.00 EUR = 15,426.26 PHP

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=965

I have ordered the oem projector headlights for
    400.00 EUR = 23,732.71 PHP

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=964

Forget the casa...their prices are silly. And you will wait forever...and they may never come at all.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I often park rear end first inside dark basements. Any suggestions on how/what to install a rear-facing fog(?) lights. I'm thinking I can have this in series(?) connection with the rear fog light so it can share the same switch?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    If you follow the times and temperatures that are tested by people that have done this before (as I did) it is not too difficult to open your light with an oven.
    I did it on my Honda Last year to retrofit projector Hid lights.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post

Forget the casa...their prices are silly. And you will wait forever...and they may never come at all.
    Looking forward to see those projectors on your ride

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I often park rear end first inside dark basements. Any suggestions on how/what to install a rear-facing fog(?) lights. I'm thinking I can have this in series(?) connection with the rear fog light so it can share the same switch?
    Since you are already in reverse, it is better to tap in parallel to your reverse light.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

those are halogen projectors and not hid projectors. not much improvement from stock. i-retrofit na lang yung stock headlight with hid projectors for better light output.

Last edited by Ginnova; February 19th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    those are halogen projectors and not hid projectors. not much improvement from stock. i-retrofit na lang yung stock headlight with hid projectors for better light output.

Yes, I am perfectly aware that the ones I have ordered are Halogen projectors, as Ford do not make HID projectors for the Fiesta.
    If you read the thread, you will see that I have already retrofitted my last car with FXR Bi-xenon projector hids with Philips original D2s bulbs (see pics).
    These are about the best light output you can get.
    Problem is, if you do this to a new car...bye bye warranty.
    The best alternative is to install original Ford oem halogen projectors during your warranty period. This way, you get the best light output you can get without voiding your warranty. The halogen projectors are standard on the euro version of the Fiesta...so can't be that bad. I will tell you when they arrive
    In the meantime, I will probably retrofit my old headlights with HID projectors to use after the warranty period expires. I miss them so bad

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Yes, I am perfectly aware that the ones I have ordered are Halogen projectors, as Ford do not make HID projectors for the Fiesta.
    If you read the thread, you will see that I have already retrofitted my last car with FXR Bi-xenon projector hids with Philips original D2s bulbs (see pics).
    These are about the best light output you can get.
    Problem is, if you do this to a new car...bye bye warranty.
    The best alternative is to install original Ford oem halogen projectors during your warranty period. This way, you get the best light output you can get without voiding your warranty. The halogen projectors are standard on the euro version of the Fiesta...so can't be that bad. I will tell you when they arrive
    In the meantime, I will probably retrofit my old headlights with HID projectors to use after the warranty period expires. I miss them so bad
    I have a workaround for that:

1. Retrofit the current headlight assembly with whatever projectors you want.

2. You have two options now:
    A. Install "out of loop" switches and power supply. A toggle switch or such will be installed on the dash
    or B. Have the power supply to the high and low beams connected to some small white LEDs. The LEDs beam their light on a photo sensor. The photo sensor activates the HIDs. Very rube goldberg but it will surely not void warranty.

OR

Retrofit the new ones and once warranty is needed, pop in the old ones pretending to be innocent. Do not have the exact word but "Patay Male" is the exact term

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa