New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gatmaitan20 View Post
    Sir Kevo888 pina ship po nyo ung mat? I want one too..
    I used "Johnny Air Cargo" -
    http://johnnyair.com/?page=58

You buy online, using the Johnny air address as your shipping address.
    Then they ship from there (New York) to Pinas.
    They have branches in Megamall and Head Office nr. Glorietta.
    It is a good way of buying from US websites that don't ship internationally.
    I think Paolorenzo used it also to get his Ipod cable and stuff, thats what got me interested in the service.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    quick question bout sa johny air, may tax ba na malaki sila sinisingil kapag kukunin na yung package?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Nice one Kevo.
    I have a similar complaint sa FoFi. There are angles when light will refect throughout the windshield, briefly limiting visibility. It's at its worst when raining, and water is rolling down the front windshield. When I pass under lamp posts, it's like my windshield lights up, causing temporary blindness. So more reason to slow down when raining. Unfortunately, this scenario can't be addressed by the dynamat...
    Same with my Honda City. Not a Fofi thing.

Maybe the both have low windshield angles say compared with a bus?

One measure to mitigate this is I use water repel treatment on the windshields. Frequent application is necessary.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    I used "Johnny Air Cargo" -
    http://johnnyair.com/?page=58

You buy online, using the Johnny air address as your shipping address.
    Then they ship from there (New York) to Pinas.
    They have branches in Megamall and Head Office nr. Glorietta.
    It is a good way of buying from US websites that don't ship internationally.
    I think Paolorenzo used it also to get his Ipod cable and stuff, thats what got me interested in the service.
    Thank you sir, I will email them regarding the form that I need first to submit together with my valid id's. May I also know how long did it take for your package to arrive. Thank you again sir.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    just changed all my speakers to infinity reference. spent around 11k including installation.

used 6530 separates for the front, then 6032 coax for the rear. didnt add an amp and just had the stock speakers replaced.

there is improvement on higher volumes. clarity has also improved. its not great though since the stock speakers with the stock head unit were already pretty decent. the new speakers should improve a bit more after the break in period.

just had my 1k PMS this morning (ford connecticut) then the SA said that it wont void my warranty if i replace the speakers... or even add an amp. went straight to mickeys auto sound and got my speaker upgrade.

i was actually ready to spend a lot more earlier but the guy at mickeys said that the infinities were good enough if i was just going to drive them with the stock stereo.

all in all it was a good upgrade. not great though. for those who are thinking about speaker upgrades... but want a night and day difference between the stock setup... you should think about getting an amp as well. the stock stereo can only do so much.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gatmaitan20 View Post
    Thank you sir, I will email them regarding the form that I need first to submit together with my valid id's. May I also know how long did it take for your package to arrive. Thank you again sir.
    Took 5 days for the package to get from supplier to Johnnyair New York (that was in middle of crazy New York snowstorms), then 3 days from New York to Johnny air Makati Office.
    8 days total, very fast.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    just changed all my speakers to infinity reference. spent around 11k including installation.

used 6530 separates for the front, then 6032 coax for the rear. didnt add an amp and just had the stock speakers replaced.

there is improvement on higher volumes. clarity has also improved. its not great though since the stock speakers with the stock head unit were already pretty decent. the new speakers should improve a bit more after the break in period.

just had my 1k PMS this morning (ford connecticut) then the SA said that it wont void my warranty if i replace the speakers... or even add an amp. went straight to mickeys auto sound and got my speaker upgrade.

i was actually ready to spend a lot more earlier but the guy at mickeys said that the infinities were good enough if i was just going to drive them with the stock stereo.

all in all it was a good upgrade. not great though. for those who are thinking about speaker upgrades... but want a night and day difference between the stock setup... you should think about getting an amp as well. the stock stereo can only do so much.
    ask ko lang sir, kung binuksan pa ba nila un dashboard for identification ng wiring? plan ko kasi palagyan ng speaker sa likod since i own the 1.6L trend. thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Challenge for Vivafoxpro:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVqnmZHHnSg"]YouTube - Create custom LED for Cars[/ame]

Kayang-kaya!
    Last edited by hausteam; February 17th, 2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo error

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by river enchanter View Post
    ask ko lang sir, kung binuksan pa ba nila un dashboard for identification ng wiring? plan ko kasi palagyan ng speaker sa likod since i own the 1.6L trend. thanks
    nope they just opened the door panels. just realized na patay yung passenger side tweeter ko! nagmamadali kasi haha. will have it fixed tomorrow. maybe thats why i wasnt so impressed.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    Challenge for Vivafoxpro:
    Kayang-kaya!
    Hehehe... That is one of my reference materials in my "devil eyes" mod.

For that to be properly done, the headlight housing must be put inside an oven for the sealant to soften. After which the angel eyes can be installed within the lens.

Oven-toaster lang ang akin. Maliit sya ng konti para sa headlight natin

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa