New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Did any Trend owners put OEM foglights? Checked with Ford Alabang. It will take 2 days if you place an order with a 50% downpayment and half a day to install.
    sir, please post pics once you have them installed on your fiesta. im curious on how it looks lang kasi ayoko naman ng chrome finishing.

natanong mo ba presyo ng lamps at installation? tumatagingting na 20k! 10 libo kada ilaw! nyahahaha.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    im really itching to upgrade the audio but it looks like i would really need an amp to power upgraded speakers...
    ... void ba talaga warranty if i add an amp and change the speakers? im just looking to add 1 amp and change all the speakers. not planning on making the fiesta a rolling disco anyway by adding large subs. any ideas?
    Warranty only becomes an issue when a part of the Fiesta's system fails.

Case 1:
    You put in unapproved speaker (ohms too low), head unit is overloaded and burns = warranty void.

Case 2:
    Head unit -> your amplifier -> any speaker you want. In case of speaker overload, its your amplifier that will burn out. Warranty should be intact since you did not overload the head unit.

You must always consider the fact the Ford dealership is motivated to protect their own interest. Gagawin lahat ng makakaya para sa kanila magpalagay ng lahat ng mods/accessories. So if ever you ask them about it, their logical answer would be : yes it WILL void your warranty.

If you would review my own recent mod re installing front fogs, pure casa done is P20,000. My own fogs and have them install is P10,500 (labor+panel switch). I did it myself for around P1,000 and some sweat.

I did it also in such a way that I can restore the wiring connection back to "factory settings" in case I have to submit to warranty evaluation. The front fogs uses a circuitry totally outside the Fiesta's system and only obtains a signal for it to operate. Load (amperes) are handled by a new line I tapped directly to the battery.

In your case, I suggest the same: put in a new positive line to carry the amplifier and not tap the amplifier onto the existing wiring. This will be the "easy way" for the dudes at the car audio shop to put in their amplifier and speakers. Easy for them, bad for the warranty.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Warranty only becomes an issue when a part of the Fiesta's system fails.

Case 1:
    You put in unapproved speaker (ohms too low), head unit is overloaded and burns = warranty void.

Case 2:
    Head unit -> your amplifier -> any speaker you want. In case of speaker overload, its your amplifier that will burn out. Warranty should be intact since you did not overload the head unit.

You must always consider the fact the Ford dealership is motivated to protect their own interest. Gagawin lahat ng makakaya para sa kanila magpalagay ng lahat ng mods/accessories. So if ever you ask them about it, their logical answer would be : yes it WILL void your warranty.

If you would review my own recent mod re installing front fogs, pure casa done is P20,000. My own fogs and have them install is P10,500 (labor+panel switch). I did it myself for around P1,000 and some sweat.

I did it also in such a way that I can restore the wiring connection back to "factory settings" in case I have to submit to warranty evaluation. The front fogs uses a circuitry totally outside the Fiesta's system and only obtains a signal for it to operate. Load (amperes) are handled by a new line I tapped directly to the battery.

In your case, I suggest the same: put in a new positive line to carry the amplifier and not tap the amplifier onto the existing wiring. This will be the "easy way" for the dudes at the car audio shop to put in their amplifier and speakers. Easy for them, bad for the warranty.
    thanks for the inputs. natakot lang ako na say the built in stereo fails wala na ako warranty. or if something big like the trip computer gives out wala na rin warranty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001orangess View Post
    Hmmm this is getting difficult. It's either I get the ford performance kit from the us or get a set of eibach springs from the uk (however it's for a 2008). I wish there was a way to cross reference the part number that is used for their oem springs , shocks etc.

I don't want to order a set and find out it doesn't fit. What a waste of money. Hahahaha

If anyone can give me some info please do so. As much as I like the looks of the fiesta. I want to get a set of lowering springs and rims (which I just ordered, should be here in 2 months)
    The 2008 Fiesta in the UK/Europe is very similar to ours. It is dated 2008, because that is the year the current euro model was released. I just got oem mudguards from Ford Alabang, they are made in Germany, and the literature says "2008 Fiesta"...perfect fit. The US version has many differences to ours...even the dashboard is a slightly different shape.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Any idea if we have speed sensing auto-lock. I always forget to lock the doors... delikado yata yun dito sa metro manila. Hope its something that can be enabled from the program unit.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala ata Sir Allan... Alam ko Santa Fe natin meron, pero at this price range wala talagang speed sensing locks (maskin ibang brands in this price range)... Ako naging habit na eh so maskin sa SF na lock ko na even before moving...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ onga. just make it a habit to lock your doors before driving off. isama mo nalang sa "pre-requisites" mo before putting the lever on "d" mode.

My Revo's door locks aren't exactly speed sensing, it locks when it shifts to 2nd gear.

Sana nga ganito rin FoFi natin. Speed sensing yung driver's seat belt indicator. Baka puwede i-tap yung locks dun? Calling vivafoxpro. ;)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    While I'm waiting for the chance to get Splash Guards as pretty as yours, rainy season has started.

Like my rear ones, which I put in as an interim measure, I felt the need to have the front too with all the mud that suddenly abounds.

My aim was to have the guards as wide as possible and elevated 4.5" from the pavement. You will see in the following pics that the ones I got are as wide as the wheel cavity. I think they are for off-road use. Printed with large FORD which I cut off finding it too "loud".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *vivafoxpro
    If its any help to you...I just measured my original oem Ford mudguards on my hatchback.
    Front is 5 inches from ground, rear is 7 inches. The hatch has a short overhang at the rear, so I imagine your sedan mudguards will need a similar ground clearance as the front.

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa