New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *vivafoxpro - madali lang ba tanggalin yung fog housing? im plaanning to repaint the chrome ones with matte black.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hausteam View Post
    Nice! Suggestion ko lang, I think it would look better if you spray the whole housing silver to match the projector lamps - para hindi mukhang mata na nakaluwa. Puwede mo rin pa chrome plate pero it might affect the fit.
    Good suggestion sir. Mukha nga bulgy eyes

Parang trip ko matte black instead pero tama idea mo na terno kulay nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emet View Post
    *vivafoxpro - madali lang ba tanggalin yung fog housing? im plaanning to repaint the chrome ones with matte black.
    I understand pag chrome na yan meron ka na fog lights. Hindi ko alam, pero yung sa akin na blank plastic lang, madali tanggalin. Snap-on lang sila.

Dahil alam ko na sila previously, natanggal ko sila from the bottom. Dahil first time mo, I suggest you take out the headlights first. The instructions are in our owner's manual.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Continuing the front fogs installation:
    Looking at the wires supplying power to the rear fogs, I found out I should go for the brown wire with green stripes. Looking at the bunch of wires under the plastic covers, I found several wires of the same color. I used a push pin and tester to hunt for the correct one. I had no choice but to pierce the insulation.

View from the engine side:

I was happy to see that Ford had enough forward vision to allow for a couple connections for us DIYers.

On the safe side, I bought a separate fuse box for the fogs and for the future air horns I plan to put in. I do not want the Fiesta's native electrical system to carry any amperage from the fogs nor the horns.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Here is the result of the installation. The fogs will only come on IN ADDITION to the low beams.

I disconnected the low beams temporarily to show the throw of the fogs. You will notice a clearly defined cutoff since the projector has a metal flap inside to effect this cutoff.

Comparing to the fogs on my Honda City, it seems higher powered bulbs are needed here. I intend to put in those but since it is a simple procedure, I will not post it anymore.

To summarize, here is the result:
    1. Projector type front fogs, yellow, H3 55W bulbs w internal cutoff flaps
    2. Rear fogs disconnected, do not need them. Easy to reconnect if I change my mind.
    3. Fogs controlled in dash using rear fog switch
    4. Indicator light in front panel is operational of course.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    has anyone upgraded their speakers yet? thinking of upgrading the speakers but i want it to look stock so no amps. just speaker upgrades.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Viva Fox pro, gling gling naman!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *Vivafoxpro: Hindi ko kakayanin yan DIY mo. Isa ka talagang alamat!

Thanks for sharing!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    has anyone upgraded their speakers yet? thinking of upgrading the speakers but i want it to look stock so no amps. just speaker upgrades.
    i have, changedd to pioneer 4 way
    viva post ka naman ng maliwanag na pics ng fog liights mo ty

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *vivafoxpro

There is someone is FCP (caloyski) who did something in that empty cavity above the climate control and below the head unit... He made it a compartment... Wala lang maybe you want it as your next project...

http://forum.fordclubph.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14601

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa