New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Don't blame the mods (me included) because we do not have control over that stuff. The best I am already doing is manually cutting down the maximum length per thread to around 1,500 posts. You can feel the difference when I implemented that.
    The next I might do is to cut down on the pointless "daily attendance" threads.
    Sorry out of topic since I do not know where to reply.

I did not intend to blame any of the mods. Apologies if my post sounded that way.

My understanding is mods are farther up the ladder in the pecking order of things compared to us greenhorns.

This being the case, I assumed (incorrectly) that mods, holding a VERY important role in the conduct of any forum, the owners of this site have a special regard for their opinion.

I'm pretty sure such owners would hate it if we started bringing our threads to http://www.fordownersclub.com or http://www.fiestaownersclub.com/ where I was recently pushed to become a member due lack of access to Tsikot.

If the maximum posts per thread affects performance maybe we should go down to 500?

It will be a shame to leave a fun and helpful Pinoy forum such as Tsikot just because it failed to serve the needs of its users.

I also am in the IT industry, and if appreciation has become scarce for you and your co-mods, please accept OUR (most guys don't even know you exist) thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Double post again...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    In my quest for some front fog lights, I have decided to put in some generic ordinary roundish lights and do a minor mod on the "blank fogs" on our Trend. Sports owners won't be too interested here since they already have front fogs standard.

Venturing into Concorde, I found these unique ones:

Looking closer, they are projector types.

Brand is DLAA (I know low end, did not intend to go high end) P845.00 for the pair
    Bulb is H3 55watts
    Lens looks blue from the front, when powered, BAM! Yellow! sweehheeeet!

Excited to install this weekend.

Very straight forward install for these:
    1. Run a dedicated line from the battery w/ fuse to the front fogs
    2. Relay will carry the amperes for the fogs
    3. Relay will be controlled from a signal coming from the rear fogs
    4. Install a manual toggle switch to disable/enable rear fogs in the rare event I need them. I don't see the real need for rear fogs in my driving needs but its always nice to have them just in case.

Barring any unforeseen accidents, Presto! front fogs na!

I got frustrated looking for a way to activate the front fogs circuit, so this will be the next best thing. Still control the fogs "in dash" complete with indicator lights.

Here is the long story:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77692

Mga ka-Trend, sana meron kayo ibang solution na pinagawa na sa Trend nyo bago ko katayin na naman electricals ng Fofi namin this weekend.
    IMO, importante din ang rear fogs especially for the hatch na kung tingnan mo directly from the rear eh parang maliit yung light area ng rear lamps.

Good luck on your project bro and keep us posted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    (inaabangan ang susunod na kabanata ni sir vivafoxpro...)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    You got to love those projector headlights

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Nice projector lamps. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Speaking of headlights.....has anybody tried to alter the alignment? My low beams seem a little too low for me.
    I should have looked when i had the headlights off the car to change the bulbs...but I forgot.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Yes they do remind one of those fabulous globules of bouncy anatomies .

Now back to our regular programming....

The blanks do not have any surface perpendicular to the direction of travel so my best reference point are the tabs that insert into the bumper. They seem to be parallel to the direction of motion.

View from the inside of the blanks:

View from the front:

Both fogs ready for installation tomorrow (grin)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Yes they do remind one of those fabulous globules of bouncy anatomies .

Now back to our regular programming....

Both fogs ready for installation tomorrow (grin)

Nice! Suggestion ko lang, I think it would look better if you spray the whole housing silver to match the projector lamps - para hindi mukhang mata na nakaluwa. Puwede mo rin pa chrome plate pero it might affect the fit.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post

Delikado sa ibang motorista yan.

Ford Fiesta Mods at iba pa