New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    parang hassle din yang locking fuel plug.. ano yan separate ang key? or same nang key? so kailangan tanggalin mo pa key mo tuwing magpapa gas..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford's capless system isn't really built as a means of cost saving... it's more of a convenience feature, than anything else... for car owners in the US and Europe who fill up themselves and don't want to fiddle with a gas cap.

The only problem is they didn't make the gas flap lockable. Would be a better solution than a lockable cap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    As I always said before the Fiesta was made for first world markets. Let's live with it cause there is no way Ford will change the Fiesta just for our puny market...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I do agree that this has to be addressed but integrating it with the locks seems quite far off as when I inspected the gas lid there is nothing that catches or attaches to the car body. You can try to pry (sungkit) the lid and it would open with-out the need to push this. Heck if there was a lip on the lid then you can just pull it open.

So I guess, the locking cap is the best option we have for now - though it is stone age....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by petevensen View Post
    dude from your stand on this issue, it seems to me your directly or indirectly connected with fgp or any ford dealer. but eniweis, let us continue our argument
    I don't work for Ford.
    But as a car enthusiasts and Ford fan, I do research new Ford model that comes out (specially the ones headed here).

About fuel theft, I think this is even more common in the US (a 1st world country) than here.

Suspicious people here would most likely steal the side mirrors, break in a car, or steal the car itself.
    Hot targets here? The top 3 is made up of the Toyota Fortuner, Nissan Urvan, and Isuzu Crosswind.

I respect your opinion if you really think its a problem/flaw, but if some people like tidus1203 can live with it, its up to them.

are you kidding me?we are talking about tampering the fuel tank and you want me to take it easy?15k fb fiesta followers know about the gas lid cover always unlock and you want me to take it easy?
    15K know about it, but you're the one complaining there.
    Last edited by AG4; October 20th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    As I always said before the Fiesta was made for first world markets. Let's live with it cause there is no way Ford will change the Fiesta just for our puny market...
    sherwin di kita magetz dude.magiging future fiesta owner ka din naman pero your ok with this flaw?i think ikaw nga ata unang nagraise nito sa fb e? tama ba? baka naman ayaw mo lang lalo lang madelay ung delivery ng sau?you should support us dude. ayaw mo nun sinasala n nmin ung mga sablay

take this scenario.kunwari umutang ka sa kin tapos tinakbuhan mo ko. then nkita kta sa sa parking lot ng MOA.since may sabotage tool ako, dude isang bote lang ng mineral water quits na tau. watdyathnk dude?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sherwin di kita magetz dude.magiging future fiesta owner ka din naman pero your ok with this flaw?i think ikaw nga ata unang nagraise nito sa fb e? tama ba? baka naman ayaw mo lang lalo lang madelay ung delivery ng sau?you should support us dude. ayaw mo nun sinasala n nmin ung mga sablay

take this scenario.kunwari umutang ka sa kin tapos tinakbuhan mo ko. then nkita kta sa sa parking lot ng MOA.since may sabotage tool ako, dude isang bote lang ng mineral water quits na tau. watdyathnk dude?
    Why would Fiesta owners sabotage each other's cars?

Personally, I wouldn't even point out the existence of the filling tool on a public forum... in case some unscrupulous persons find out about it and realize how easy it is to steal gas from a Fiesta owner (which is much more likely than people just randomly pouring water into your gas tank).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why would Fiesta owners sabotage each other's cars?

Personally, I wouldn't even point out the existence of the filling tool on a public forum... in case some unscrupulous persons find out about it and realize how easy it is to steal gas from a Fiesta owner (which is much more likely than people just randomly pouring water into your gas tank).
    True, thats what i've been trying to point out too.

...not unless one is trying to blackmail Ford Group Philippines.

This will just make people curious and force some unwanted people to actually try to tamper with the Easy Fuel system.

PS: Niky, I read Ford has an anti-siphon one way valve deep in the neck of the fuel tank.
    Last edited by AG4; October 20th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Naku bago sa mga mata ng mga bata at sa mga isip bata, delikado nga....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Ford fiesta gas lid cover major flaw