The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Dapat talaga may Anti-Lemon Law na sa atin

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    +1000 ako dyan. Pareho ang tumbok ng gusto natin mangyari. You take the front, I'll take the back! wahehehe....
    thats right abe, make some more noise fofi lovers, di nyo dapat ipagwalang bahala yan...yung sa mga walang crack yung kanila, di nyo masabi kung kelan bibigay yan.....kaya dapat join forces kayo.....

gogogo fofilovers!!!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Dapat talaga may Anti-Lemon Law na sa atin
    I do not consider this as a criteria to be considered a lemon.

Kahit anong bilhin mo branded product may warranty. Ito ay dahil for a certain percentage of any manufacture, meron sigurado defective.

The discussion leads to how Ford manages the warranty as compared to other brands.

We are presently witness to one of our bros as he pursues his warranty on his cracked windshield. June 15 pa raw siguro papalitan despite the "24 hour parts guarantee" ng Ford.

Dito medyo palpak ang Ford. Nung kakakuha ko ng FoFi at excited pa ako, ni wala silang splatter guards. Ha? caught you by surprise? Eh alarm meron? wala? (Insert background music "Order Taker" by Parokya ni Edgar)

Dapat sabay sa release ng FoFi meron na nakaimbak na pyesa. However, if windshields are cracking in abnormally increased numbers, then there would be a shortage and one would have to wait for June 15. Kawawa naman yung bro natin di magamit ang FoFi nya. Mga empleyado ng Ford - paki linaw please.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Assuming the windshield gets replaced on June 15 and then days later it cracks again, then what? Di ba there is something "lemony" about the situation?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Assuming the windshield gets replaced on June 15 and then days later it cracks again, then what? Di ba there is something "lemony" about the situation?
    Yes you are correct, if the replaced part keeps breaking, I would consider it not only lemon, kalamansi na yan .

No evidence, either anecdotal nor first hand points to a conclusion that they keep breaking.

Kailangan pa natin obserbahan ang ipapalit na windshield sa ating kapatid pagdating ng June 15.

If I were in the place of Ford, I would replace it with a really good windshield installed properly. Wouldn't you do the same?

Additionally, I did not mean to sound against an "Anti Lemon Law". I am all for such a law. Dapat doble ang refund pag napatunayan na lemon ang binenta. Kung pwede nga meron pang kulong sa may-ari ng dealership mas ok sa kin. Blood, sweat and tears ang binigay natin para mabili lang and paninda nila tapos lolokohin lang tayo

My point was our beloved, cutiepie FoFi, despite its shorcomings is worth every frickin centavo I scraped from my alkansya and is not a lemon.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    No argument that the Fiesta is a good global car.

If I were Ford, I'd be proactive in seeking out the problem, assuaging its customers that something is being done about the matter, and making sure that a quick solution is put in place.

This is anectodal but still worth looking into:

Jarvis Ford still have the car. They say that they will continue to replace the windscreen should it continue to fracture, until Ford tell them to do otherwise. They do however say that there will be a delay because windscreens are in short supply as several other Fiestas have developed similar problems. This is of serious concern to me particularly as my friend who previously owned a windscreen replacement business has told me that the cracking certainly represents a structural fault in the car when it was manufactured. It would be interesting to know if the other cars with this problem are cracking in the same area. I am thinking therefore that Ford should be replacing the car or giving my daughter a full refund.
    http://ozpaul-ozblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/jarvis-ford-still-have-car.html
    Last edited by anonemus; May 29th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I understand why windshields would take long di talaga sila mag store ng windshield sa CASA. Di naman yan pinapalitan under normal circumstances... If nabasag windshield ng say Yaris mo (basta mga Thailand made vehicles) its not gonna be fast either cause they won't be storing that in their inventory...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    As I pointed out in the Fiesta thread... there seems to be a worrying lack of quality regarding the products coming out of Ford's new factory in Thailand which is churning out the Fiesta and Mazda 2.

Eto talaga pitfalls ng pagiging early adopters ng mga products - tayo ang mga guinea pigs.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Take a look at this at around 15 seconds into the video:

Relating it to my personal findings posted earlier, the windshield is isolated from the energy absorbing structure (frontal impact). I was expecting to see the glass snugly embedded into the structure as I have known older cars to place their windshield.

Looking at this video, now I understand what I saw with my stripped FoFi earlier today.

Very good design not to involve the glass in the collision, don't you think?

A little egg in the face of my theory that cracking is caused by structural stress. The design considers this issue very well.

I wonder if competing brands in the same subcompact class implement this added safety. Has it become an industry standard?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's certainly very strange... looking at how the windshield is mounted in your Fiesta thread (mad props for the work you're doing there!), it seems that the windshield is indeed isolated from body movements and stresses that might cause cracking.

Could it simply be, I wonder, in the windshield shape and thickness as it comes from the supplier? Or perhaps too much stress on the lower edge of the windshield because of a lack of support at the top?

If it were just the Thai workmanship causing it, wouldn't the Mazda2 be suffering the same problem? Then again, from what I've seen, the workmanship on the Mazda2 seems to be better than the Fiesta. Though the Fiesta is the more refined product, they seem to pay more attention to finish on the Mazda2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Cracked Windshield