New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    It has been 8 months since I had my FOFI and already had my 1k and 10k PMS, last time I look at my coolant level it is exactly on the MIN line (IDLE), want to add up coolant but don't know where to buy?

will WILKINS Distilled Mineral water will do?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah it will do. Or kung praning ka talaga then flush your coolant then refill it with a new one. Wala kasing nabibili na factory coolant...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah it will do. Or kung praning ka talaga then flush your coolant then refill it with a new one. Wala kasing nabibili na factory coolant...
    I was wondering, will Ford void the warranty if you replace the OEM Coolant which they recommend with Distilled Water?
    The Ford Focus uses Motorcraft SuperPlus Antifreeze WSS-M97 B44D according to the Owner's Guide, not sure if its the same with the Fiesta.

...I also don't recall the level going down to the MIN mark between each PMS.
    Last edited by AG4; June 4th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No don't replace it with purely distilled water, just top it up... If you want to replace it totally you have to flush everything and buy the Motorcraft one unfortunately its colored light green unlike the factory coolant which is pink...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No don't replace it with purely distilled water, just top it up... If you want to replace it totally you have to flush everything and buy the Motorcraft one unfortunately its colored light green unlike the factory coolant which is pink...
    I'm also at the minimum level and added distilled water only to the max level.

I understand that the green one is Ethylene Glycol while the other color (pink, red, orange) is Propylene Glycol. I read in the other forums that Caltex coolant is red in color and something about being long life. I plan to take a look at this one and if it's Propylene, I'll use it to top up.

I also leaned that it is a no-no to mix the two types as this will cause precipitate.

Ford Fiesta Coolant