New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Yep sabi nga ni Tom Cruise "crystal".

Yun lang sir, what I need is a visual indicator from a short distance to tell if the car is locked or unlocked. On old cars pa naman kahit walang blinking LED, kita mo yung rod na nakababa pag locked na sya.

In our fiesta no such manual rod to lock. all power.
    Yeah, the Fiesta doesn't have a manual lock at all.

For me, I just make it a point to hit the arm/lock button once I park the car. Also, if it's dark (night time or basement parking) you'll notice the guage lights do not turn off until you arm/lock the car. So far, it is only the dome lights that turn off after some time. I guess this could be an indicator for you.

BTW, I haven't tried leaving the car unlocked for more than an hour to see if the guage lights will shut off.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reefshark View Post
    BTW, I haven't tried leaving the car unlocked for more than an hour to see if the guage lights will shut off.
    panel lights (speedo + tacho + center gadget display) will shut off if left unlocked. i just dont know how long. if you open any door after the lights are shut, panel lights will be lit again.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pista_ni_jon View Post
    panel lights (speedo + tacho + center gadget display) will shut off if left unlocked. i just dont know how long. if you open any door after the lights are shut, panel lights will be lit again.
    i think mga 30 mins ata mag shut off na ang panel lights kahit naka open ang door. napansin ko ito habang naghihintay ako sa labas ng bahay almost 30 mins.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No di naman 30 minutes, mga 5-7 minutes lang the gauges, MID lights will shut off on its own if you leave the car unlocked...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reefshark View Post
    Yeah, the Fiesta doesn't have a manual lock at all.

For me, I just make it a point to hit the arm/lock button once I park the car. Also, if it's dark (night time or basement parking) you'll notice the guage lights do not turn off until you arm/lock the car. So far, it is only the dome lights that turn off after some time. I guess this could be an indicator for you.

I also practice the habit na lock agad. Pero sa bahay kasi sometimes in and out sa kotse for various things.

I work till dawn. My habit is to peek at the darkened garage and look for two blinking LED lights. One in the Honda and the other in the Rio (now sold replaced by the Fiesta).

There were several incidents that either me or the wifey forgot to lock after getting some item from the car.

The Fiesta, like the Honda is a shared car between us spouses.

So right now my only way of confirming is just lock it again before going up to sleep.

Which brings us to square 1

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Or baka there is a way to reprogram the alarm to autolock.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi,

How about when you are inside the car already, is there a way to automatically lock the doors upon starting the engine... It seems that I always tend to forget to lock it

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by madfalcon View Post
    Hi,

How about when you are inside the car already, is there a way to automatically lock the doors upon starting the engine... It seems that I always tend to forget to lock it

Thanks
    He,he. Si Vivafoxpro lang makaksagot nyan.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by madfalcon View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    I had one solution:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78341

It locks once all doors are closed and you step on the brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford Fiesta central lock