New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    342 units?? I assume only for hatchback models...

Hinda talaga ng hatchback market. People here still prefer sedans I guess. The Vios ata sells 1200 units a month...
    Hmm parang mas marami akong nakikitang hatch kesa sedan... Do u think pag nilabas na ung new kia rio or new swift the fiesta will remain king? Not to mention the facelifted jazz.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah mas mabenta nga hatch kaysa sedan. I think your eyes can tell you why that is so!

Jazz will always be strong since it has always been king for a long time... Eto magiging tunay na kalaban ng Fiesta and it will be a rivalry between the two IMO...

Yung Swift naman IMO maskin lumabas yung bago I think di yan makakalaban. Mahina marketing ng Suzuki compared to Honda and Ford.

Kia Rio naman, ask Columbian the price first then we can talk!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    jazz will always be the formidable opponent of ANY subcompact hatch in the philippines. having been in the market for a little over 6 months, its too early to tell if the fiesta is indeed king. but the way its going, looks like it'll be an interesting year not only for the fiesta but for rest of the hot hatches as well.

at first, i wasnt really digging the new rio hatch. but now, deym its really pretty. more unique and interesting than its accent hatch cousin. but i doubt we'll see it this year. hope they price it right.

personally, i dont see the swift as a competition. the profile is just plain old for me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah me too. I like the Rio a lot more than its Accent cousin... I am not too hot with the Accent's back mukang i30...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Another factor to consider is the number of dealers each manufacturer has. For sure mas di hamak na mas marami dealers ng honda n toyota kesa ford. Pero kung pantay lang dealerships nila, baka iwan na ng fiesta ang jazz...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yeah me too. I like the Rio a lot more than its Accent cousin... I am not too hot with the Accent's back mukang i30...
    Ito ba makakalaban ng fiesta?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maybe? But it has to do two things first... THE PRICE IS #1. IMO the Fiesta is successful cause its feels more expensive than what its worth... And #2 is MARKETING. Columbian is not exactly very strong in marketing... Kaya Hyundai has gained a lot and Kia has been left behind locally...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Maybe? But it has to do two things first... THE PRICE IS #1. IMO the Fiesta is successful cause its feels more expensive than what its worth... And #2 is MARKETING. Columbian is not exactly very strong in marketing... Kaya Hyundai has gained a lot and Kia has been left behind locally...
    Ford has been really good at pricing their cars while kia fails at this. Sayang yung kia forte/koup kung di lang overpriced. They givebig discounts nga pero turnoff parin. At least napababa nila price with the 1.6 soul. Although both manufacturers are steadily improving their image here and abroad, i think mas maganda image ng ford dito.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
FORD FIESTA is the best selling hatchback in December 2010