New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The gearing is long, perfect for American highway use... Pero not for our stop and go driving... Its not a defect, its more like a trait that is not suited for our use... Pero on the plus side the PS is really smooth when shifting, wouldn't even know it changed gears without looking at the tachometer...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can quote all the USDM specs of the Fiesta but I am talking about the PHDM version of the Fiesta we get here.

I strongly suggest you test-drive one for yourself and you can feel what Niky and I are saying.

For whatever reason, the Ford test units (Trend 1.6PS & Sport 1.6PS models) only gets 12.8 to nearly 14 seconds for 0-100kph under instrumented tests done locally.
    Thank you for your suggestion, ghosthunter. Here's the result of 0-100kph of my ford fiesta 1.6 PS within its break in period. I believe it will get quicker after the break in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZHoT08Hlw"]YouTube - Ford fiesta Break In.mp4[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ImCyrix View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion, ghosthunter. Here's the result of 0-100kph of my ford fiesta 1.6 PS within its break in period. I believe it will get quicker after the break in.

YouTube - Ford fiesta Break In.mp4
    That's like 11sec to 100kph. But then again the speedo might not be accurate. Here are my observations.

1. Your video is not any different to the earlier video you posted in terms of engine and transmission response, that is it has the same engine gusto, same fast gear change, and both achieved 60mph / 100kph near the end of its 3rd gear. Which suggests you have a similarly performing Fiesta.
    2. I think there was a slight hesitation when you floored the pedal from full stop, as the revs didn't jump up at once. If there was no hesitation you could have hit 100kph on the speedo in 10sec.
    3. At 13 sec the speedo is already at 110kph. That means if the speedo is really not accurate it could be off by around 10kph.

Overall I think your Fiesta performed really well especially considering it is not fully broken in yet, as it performed very similarly to the US Fiesta video you earlier showed. I don't understand why the real world tests conducted locally didn't show the same results or at least be close to the foreign tests conducted.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If you prefer a manual Fiesta, no choice but go for the 1.4 hatch or sedan. I am pleasantly surprised by the performance of my 1.4mt hatch. It's very quick for a 1.4 liter powered car, very rev happy and hits 140kph quickly and without much effort. After the break in period, I have no doubt that it will be capable of a top speed in excess of 170kph. Good enough for me!
    Though I haven't done any timing of 0 to 100 kph, I feel that the MT Fiesta's performance would not be much slower than my GE Jazz 1.5 with a 5 speed automatic. The Fiesta also has a more comfortable ride than the Jazz. The 5 speed manual shifts very smoothly and clutch pedal is really light.
    Still, the ultimate would have been if a 1.6L Fiesta with manual transmission was available!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Ford Fiesta - 1.4MT or 1.6PS?