New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Explorer bed is lined from the factory. It's probably the reason why no one's really bothered to make a liner for it.

Carryboy's office is in Banwe near the corner of Retiro.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madami price range ng carrboy - from P30k to 80k.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm contemplating on buying a second hand Ford Exporer Sport Trac. I've never driven one though. Can anyone here provide me feedback on this vehicle? I'd like to hear about:

1. Overall performance
    2. Gas Consumption
    3. Ride Comfort
    4. Maintenance (ease of maintenance, cost of parts, etc.)
    5. Common problems/issues
    6. Advantages over other pick-ups

Thank you very much in advance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Worst vehicle I ever bought in my life. Hands down. Period.

5. I bought it for 1.4 million and sold it 6 years later for 450T. Thats how much I hated it.
    you hated it yet you kept it for six years... :insomnia:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for the whale-like handling... depends on the year model... later Sport Tracs have a better rear suspension.

But for the kind of money you spend, and the insane amount of gas it uses, a diesel SUV is a much better buy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Overall performance is below par compared with the high end diesel pick-ups. although power is very good and highway speeds is excellent. i have gone 150kph in the STAR tollway easily. Torque is just average to below average as compared with diesel engined pick-up. But specs and Options are plentiful.

Gas consumption is woeful. 4 km/l is average and can go up to around 6-7km/L in highway driving.

Ride is hard and bouncy. nothing compared to the expedition or F-150. which is softer and more comfort oriented.

maintainance is also quite bad. parts are more expensive than their japanese diesel counterparts. typical ford reliabilty which is bad.

common problems is brakes, air filter/intake. bad resale value.

Its only advantage over other pickups is its all options availability with bed cover, sunroof, cruise control, etc. Gas lovers pick-up, for those who hate the diesel clutter. Plus the looks of the sport-trac is quite good.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not worth it, unless you can get one for really cheap and use it as a toy truck hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What? 7 in the highway... grabe naman... :sad:

I recommend, down mo nalang sa Strada sir... hehehe...
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    masters, have you heard about ford explorer 94 model? what can you say about this suv? coz, i have a friend who want to swap his car to my honda civic vtec. I'm not sure if its a wise decision to go with it. it's very tempting because knowing ford its a reliable car company and then my sedan will be swap to suv. but b4 I decide i want to know everything about this car to make sure i wont regret in the end. please help me with this.. TIA

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I'd keep the CIVIC. The Explorer sport trac is woefully underpowered in spite of it's 6cylinde engine and the under-chassis parts are painfully expensive.

Edit: Oops, I didn't see the date on the last post. Sorry, gravedig na pala 'to.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Ford Explorer Sport Trac [Merged]