New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    on the current explorer i think it's some where around 4-5k. how come on all the other cars my family owns and we own the air from the outside doesn't go in from the a/c when we rev it really high? it's only my explorer that i can smell the smoke of the cars infront of me, i was thinking because our other cars we're a lot more expensive than the explorer but even on my forester i never encountered this problem. on my forester what happens is the a/c isn't as cold when in hataw mode but air from the outside doesn't go inside the car.
    Haven't experienced this in my Explo kasi hindi ako si Boy Hataw As much as possible gusto ko max 2,000 rpm lang para hindi malakas sa gasolina

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If it doesn't turn off, compressor go bye-bye-boomy-boom-boom at high revs... Unlike turbo compressors, AC compressors don't have wastegates, because you can't vent freon to the atmosphere. I think on older cars, the turn off point was much higher... If I recall, mine was about 4k plus. Thanks to stricter fuel economy requirements, new ones shut down sooner. Drive anywhere over 2.5k rpm on a Swift and the compressor shuts off automatically.
    Automotive AC systems are equipped with Expansion valves.. this will regulate pressure given that the compressor is operating at variable speeds unlike home airconditioners that operate at constant speed thus they only need a capillary tube...

3k rpm on an explorer is a bit low... on a swift or other compact cars, the ecu will turn off a/c to give more power since you have a small engine...

to TS, have you tried to manually turn off your a/c switch when you rev say at 3k rpm?? i think this only happens when the cabin is cool enough and you are at cruising speed then you accelerate and the engine reaches 3k above?? correct? then if you have an ac switch turn if off and observe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    on the current explorer i think it's some where around 4-5k. how come on all the other cars my family owns and we own the air from the outside doesn't go in from the a/c when we rev it really high? it's only my explorer that i can smell the smoke of the cars infront of me, i was thinking because our other cars we're a lot more expensive than the explorer but even on my forester i never encountered this problem. on my forester what happens is the a/c isn't as cold when in hataw mode but air from the outside doesn't go inside the car.
    madali lang pala solution mo, dont buy a car cheaper than the explorer

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    madali lang pala solution mo, dont buy a car cheaper than the explorer
    on recent cars which is cheaper than the explorer never experienced this naman.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yung asx ko unang kuha ko kapag pinatakbo ng more 120kph nangangamoy sunog din binalik ko sa casa daming ginawa pati dashboard pull out nila para makita pero walang masabi... Galit na galit na nga ako,pero later on dami ko na ring nabasa dito sa forum na may ganoong problema lalong lalo na sa mga new model car... Kaya hinayaan ko na lang at wait ko na lang kung may makakadiscover ng problem pero until now wala parin....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    same thing on my fiesta... so it does appear to be a common "issue". I'll see if it happens with the A/C off next time i get a chance to get to 4k... normally im an econo driver, 99.9% city drive and there are hardly any real chances for me to reach decent speeds.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Dami nga sa net if you ask me. Toyota, BMW etc have this burnt smell if accelerating hard. Usual culprit seems to be burnt engine oil escaping somewhere.

Got this from the web as well. Possible kaya ito?

What is this burning smell in car? - Yahoo! Answers

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I got my unit last sept. have been driving it mostly on slex and daang maharlika. Last week, after the toll both northbound on slex, I had the urge to floor the ex to test it's engine power then I noticed that burnt oil smell. I've read in the explorer forum that this happens with a lot of other owners when they push or floor the ex to get up to speed. In other words, the smell is very apparent when in hataw mode. Im worried so No more hataw again since wife and baby travel with me. Hopefully ford will figure this out and come out with a solution. I'm happy with the ride comfort and features pa naman. My unit's built date is 05/12.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i chanced upon this forum because i am looking for explorer owners who have same problem as mine....burnt smell during hard acceleration...3.4 to 4k rpm. My EX (delivered april 2012) has been in and out of casa coz of this problem. Casa guys already performed a couple of TSBs but failed to eliminate the smell, but reduce it only. Casa guys are working with Ford plant guys but until now they seem at a loss. Perhaps, dragon explorer has found a solution thru your dealer?I read your thread in explorer forum. I hope Ford guys come up with a fix soon before i decide to ditch the car for other brands. Tsk tsk...meantime, if we are on same plight, lets join hands and bring this matter up to Ford Philippine top management...is that the Krieger tall guy?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Been lurking in these threads for quite some time now because I am seriously considering this vehicle. But this issue is a real deal breaker for me. I hope EX owners out there can post some updates on the issue. Has ford identified the problem (design issue, material faliure, etc)? The vehicle has been out in the market for a couple of years na and the TSB's so far are a hit and miss thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12