1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sa magpajero na lang sya konti lang deperensya

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakabili na daw ung friend niya....mitsu outlander

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    any feedback on this? compared to say a manual everest or ranger?

the two (ranger / everest) are supposed to be using the same engine (2.5L diesel turbo intercooler) but the specs quoted are different 117PS on the ranger while its 110PS on the everest... pareho naman ang quoted max torque nila.... i asked a rep from a dealer at ang sagot nya is mas mabigat daw body ng everest kaya mas mababa ang output... makes sense but i'm not sure if it really fits...

anyway.. just wanted to know of any feedback kung ok ang hatak ng A/T ng everest... i'm looking at disposing our '97 Civic for an A/T Everest.. in terms of "felt pulling power" and also the fuel mileage..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm... kung pareho engine, dapat pareho ang specs (horsepower rating) kahit na iba pa ang weight ng sasakyan. sa engine kasi dependent yun.

magkano ba ang selling price ng everest a/t 4x4 pag cash?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not necessarily, madalas ko din makita sa specs yung mas mababa power rating for AT models. dunno why though.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang iba kasi dito ay pag ranger (na wala namang A/T model here), quoted max HP is 117PS... on the Everest, using the same engine and regardless kung M/T or A/T, quoted max HP is 110PS...

ako kasi i drive a ranger 4x4 so medyo familiar ako kung ano ang kaya ng engine at kung hanggang saan ang kaya nito.. but kung A/T na.. di ko na alam...

although ibang usage naman kung sakali yung sa Everest...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wowiesy
    i asked a rep from a dealer at ang sagot nya is mas mabigat daw body ng everest kaya mas mababa ang output
    hahaha! car sales rep are just there to do the paperwork but they don't even know a damn thing about cars.

the hp that is being displayed is known as the "crank hp". you measure the power that is being produced by the engine. now, the amount of power that is transferred to the wheels is a different thing since you'll lose out some of the power during the process - what is transferred to the wheels is known as "wheel hp" and can be measured at the dyno. for example a Honda SIR has a crank HP of 160hp but has only 130 wheel HP.

then the crank or even wheel HP is not dependent on the weight of the vehicle. you will only be able to gauge the body to weight ratio on performance testing like 0-60kph, 1/4 mile, etc.

and also, the wheel HP of a a vehicle with AT is lower than those with MT since more often than not, AT consumes more power in the process.

Not necessarily, madalas ko din makita sa specs yung mas mababa power rating for AT models. dunno why though.
    some car manufacturers tweak their car's ECU depending on the tranny that will be used. for example the RX-8. the 5MT version sports around 240hp while the 4AT version has only 220hp but has a better torque curve - this was done to compensate for the fewer gears that the AT has.

kung pareho engine, dapat pareho ang specs (horsepower rating)
    this isn't the case too always. for example, the 2.0L engine found in the Civic 2.0L, Accord & CR-V. but have you noticed that the HP & torque ratings are different? The CR-V has a higher torque figure to compensate for the added weight, while the Civic has a higher HP figure so that it can maximize its lower weight. the engine can be tweaked depending on the needs of the car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I think there's a new Outlander coming out with a different 2.4 liter engine, maybe that's why your friend was given an irresistible offer.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walter, ganon ba? well I dont know if its bad for him (di ko na lang sasabihin ;))....ang naiisip ko lang kaya maganda yung offer sa kanya eh kokonti yung bumibili nang outlander eh...

well mukang masaya naman sya sa acquisition nya....hehehe panay yata ang out of town trips eh para ma-break in nang husto yung sasakyan....

hihintayin ko na lang magrekalamo sa gas consumption...hehehehe for now siguro eh di nya papansinin yon dahil tuwa pa sya sa bagong toy nya.... he even offered me a test drive kapag napauwi ako dyan sa atin

teka di ba 5 seater din lang yung outlander?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    my take on the outlander, di sya SUV, di rin sya kotse. parang walang claro

bili ka na lang ng gen 2 pajero and yr 2000 lancer MX sa pera na ginamit mo sa outlander. then you have a car and an SUV, plus may 100,000 pang maintennance pa.

andy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Everest A/T...