New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Was wondering why Ford is advertising the Everest as "All-New" when the body is the same as well as the underpinnings (Ranger light truck platform). I understand the only thing "All-new" is the DuraTORQ engine (Ford's CRDi) with better Torque and HP (and improved NVH).

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Was wondering why Ford is advertising the Everest as "All-New" when the body is the same as well as the underpinnings (Ranger light truck platform). I understand the only thing "All-new" is the DuraTORQ engine (Ford's CRDi) with better Torque and HP (and improved NVH).
    Maybe what they mean by "All-New" is all new (not second-hand or remanufactured) parts? same with other manufacturers

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If you look closer, the hood is different from the previous hood...
    fender flare also is different grills, headlights etc

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    To be fair, yes, it's the same platform... but driving the old Everest and the new one back to back, the difference is night and day. It's not just the engine that's new, the steering has been refined and re-geared, the suspension has been reworked, and they've managed to control body roll much better with this one.

It's not "just" a facelift... but IMHO, the engine alone is almost worth the "All-new" tag by itself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks guys! I'm convince! here's the offer I got, five years warranty or 150t km, if you get the insurance from casa, insurance is about 31k no participation.

I was so skeptic about ford..till they offered 5 yrs warranty.

About this thing being slower than a crosswind, well I find that hard to believe too.. but will test drive it myself soon.

I have a feeling it's the time it takes to accelerate from say 0-50kph. may b the gear ratios are different...or the crosswind bounciness just makes the car feels faster..hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Saan po kayo nakabili sir? pls PM me your SA. Ano pa pong deal binigay sa inyo?

thanks

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    nice thread, i'm also planning to buy an 07 everest. good thing nag search muna ako. i was able to test drive the unit. pero first time ko sumakay ng everest, kaya i cant compare it with the old one. pero i found the interior very cozy, no lavish luxuries like higher end SUVs but i think real value for your money. but its this everest or the santa fe 07. i have nothing on the santa fe, kaya search muna ako.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Saan po kayo nakabili sir? pls PM me your SA. Ano pa pong deal binigay sa inyo?

thanks

+1 on this.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'll pm you details tomorrow, will confirm first the validity of their offer especially the 5 yrs warranty..might get one, but I want to test drive the car myself..hehe although I'm almost sure that if I were to buy a car for keeps...like use maybe 10 yrs or more, this would be a good choice, since the design is more of a classic, and the built seems sturdy enough.

But in thailand i think ford is really offering 5 yrs. check their site. ford.co.th

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Wow, is the 5-year warranty for the Everest only or for all Ford vehicles?

Ford Everest [Merged]