New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Price ng 2007 4x2 M/T Eve nasa 1.25M+ ...
    fuel consumption -- wala pa akong idea. i think comparable naman sa ride ng 2007 ranger yan like rav_5's

mas mahaba yung leaf springs ng 2007 eve compared sa 1st gen, plus meron pang stabilizer bar at the rear with softer (and bigger diameter) shocks, thus giving a soft & comfortable ride.

yung 1st gen eve (like mine) pwede rin pagandahin ang ride sa rear. just change to softer shocks (i used pro-comp MX5 5-way adjustable shox) saka konting lithium grease in between the leafs, ayos na!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'm planning to get the eve 2007 2.5...my bro in law test drove both matic and manual, he drives an isuzu crosswind. From his feedback, he rates ford as third in terms of "hataw"...

1. Innova d4d
    2. his crosswind
    3. Everest 2.5

Now I've drove both innova and crosswind, the power difference is so huge, that I'm kinda surprise that Ford with it's new crdi engine came in 3rd.

My thoughts are..the crosswind with poorer insulation and shocks gives the impression it's runing faster, or the e-throttle of ford controls the responsiveness of the car.

Your views guys..especially those who test drove.. thanks.

One more thing...can anybody compare the ride of this thing against innova?. Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yves188 View Post
    I'm planning to get the eve 2007 2.5...my bro in law test drove both matic and manual, he drives an isuzu crosswind. From his feedback, he rates ford as third in terms of "hataw"...

1. Innova d4d
    2. his crosswind
    3. Everest 2.5

Now I've drove both innova and crosswind, the power difference is so huge, that I'm kinda surprise that Ford with it's new crdi engine came in 3rd.

My thoughts are..the crosswind with poorer insulation and shocks gives the impression it's runing faster, or the e-throttle of ford controls the responsiveness of the car.

One more thing...can anybody compare the ride of this thing against innova?. Thanks
    Haha... that's a pretty strange ranking. Even the older 2.5L Everest (non-CRDi) could hold its own against the Innova D4D on the highway when it comes to top end.

The Innova has the better ride comfort though... FOr the Everest, a shock upgrade is a must if you're concerned about the ride.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    strange indeed
    2007 Everest 2.5crdi turbo with intercooler, 143hp, Gross Weight 2,586
    2007 Sportivo 2.5non-crdi LOW Charge Turbo, 85hp, Gross Weight 2,210
    You do the Math
    But for me Eve will win in terms of hataw

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    strange indeed
    2007 Everest 2.5crdi turbo with intercooler, 143hp, Gross Weight 2,586
    2007 Sportivo 2.5non-crdi LOW Charge Turbo, 85hp, Gross Weight 2,210
    You do the Math
    But for me Eve will win in terms of hataw
    AFAIK 2007 everest 3.0 crdi w/intercooler turbo generates 143hp,and 2007 everest 2.5 crdi w/intercooler turbo is only 110hp.. correct me if i'm wrong...anyway 2007 sportivo(upgraded engine)is still slow compared to 2.5crdi everest and innova D4D in terms of speed.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by romel asuit View Post
    AFAIK 2007 everest 3.0 crdi w/intercooler turbo generates 143hp,and 2007 everest 2.5 crdi w/intercooler turbo is only 110hp.. correct me if i'm wrong...anyway 2007 sportivo(upgraded engine)is still slow compared to 2.5crdi everest and innova D4D in terms of speed.
    Yes you are wrong...

Everest 2007 XLT 4x4 AT
    3.0L DuraTORQ Diesel, 4-cylinder, 16-Valve, DOHC
    Direct Injection Common Rail Turbo w/ Intercooler
    Maximum Power = 156hp/3,200rpm
    Maximum Torque = 380Nm/1,800rpm (stronger than D4D 3.0 *343Nm/1,400)

Everest 2007 XLS 4x2 MT/AT
    2.5L DuraTORQ Diesel, 4-cylinder, 16-Valve, DOHC
    Direct Injection Common Rail Turbo w/ Intercooler
    Maximum Power = 143hp/3,500rpm
    Maximum Torque = 330Nm/1,800rpm

Copied from Ford Everest 2007 Catalog
    Also the sportivo 85hp that I mention is also from sportivo 2007 Catalog
    meron din ako catalog nung Alterra 2007, fortuner 2006 kasi wala pa yung 2007 hope meron na this july sana meron magtitip satin about 2007 fort...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Saan kaya pwede i-test drive itong Everest?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can inquire at the dealerships. Ford dealerships are usually hungry for sales, so they're not as stingy in terms of test-drives as other dealerships are.

Quote Originally Posted by yves188 View Post

1. Innova d4d
    2. his crosswind
    3. Everest 2.5

Bwahaha... Your brother has a very strange sense of humor. The old 2.5 Everest would be almost as slow as the Crosswind, but only if it's AT and 4x4. There's nothing slower than the Crosswind... I've timed myself from a stop (no tire squealing) to 100 km/h in about 30-40 seconds. And that's with our manual Crosswind. :hysterical:

The new Everest 2.5 is hands down faster than an Innova. The Innova is much quicker than older AUVs, but driving the MT 2.5 D4D Innova is like driving a 1.6 gasoline sedan. The Everest is more like a 2.0. Massive kick of torque and acceleration that only gets better as it gets closer to redline.

There's that tiny bit of lag while the VGT changes profiles and the electronic throttle kicks in, but that's it. The Crosswind is more responsive to sudden throttle inputs than either the Innova or the Everest, but that "kick" lasts for just a second, and then it's gone.

The only other 2.5 diesel that has as much top-end punch as the Everest is the 2.5 CRDi in the Starex.

In terms of ride comfort, the Everest still isn't the best there is, but it's actually comparable to an Innova now... not like the old one, which was only marginally better than the Fortuner.
    Last edited by niky; March 5th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

The new Everest 2.5 is hands down faster than an Innova. The Innova is much quicker than older AUVs, but driving the MT 2.5 D4D Innova is like driving a 1.6 gasoline sedan. The Everest is more like a 2.0. Massive kick of torque and acceleration that only gets better as it gets closer to redline.
    i agree this new everest is torque and powerful. grabe sa acceleration. hirap humabol ang aking 06 sentra(1.6 m/t).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can inquire at the dealerships. Ford dealerships are usually hungry for sales, so they're not as stingy in terms of test-drives as other dealerships are.

Bwahaha... Your brother has a very strange sense of humor. The old 2.5 Everest would be almost as slow as the Crosswind, but only if it's AT and 4x4. There's nothing slower than the Crosswind... I've timed myself from a stop (no tire squealing) to 100 km/h in about 30-40 seconds. And that's with our manual Crosswind. :hysterical:

There's that tiny bit of lag while the VGT changes profiles and the electronic throttle kicks in, but that's it. The Crosswind is more responsive to sudden throttle inputs than either the Innova or the Everest, but that "kick" lasts for just a second, and then it's gone.

The only other 2.5 diesel that has as much top-end punch as the Everest is the 2.5 CRDi in the Starex.

In terms of ride comfort, the Everest still isn't the best there is, but it's actually comparable to an Innova now... not like the old one, which was only marginally better than the Fortuner.
    thanks for the info.niky,now i'm thingking about to upgrade my 06 innova E D4D to a brand new 07 2.5 everest crdi w/intercooler turbo .. and may i know how much is it?

Ford Everest [Merged]