New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 770 of 778 FirstFirst ... 670720760766767768769770771772773774 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 7771
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Has anybody tried to use a 3SMF battery instead of a DIN66/74 battery without issues? The price and specs value proposition of a 3SMF in terms of cost and availability seems to be worth looking at. Are there mechanical restrictions (cables not long enough) in doing such?

My batteries died at almost 3 years, and now am searching for options. The DIN batteries are "special" types/form factors not readily available in battery shops lately, and are cost prohibitive vs. their 3SM counterparts.

TY

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bejiboys View Post
    Has anybody tried to use a 3SMF battery instead of a DIN66/74 battery without issues? The price and specs value proposition of a 3SMF in terms of cost and availability seems to be worth looking at. Are there mechanical restrictions (cables not long enough) in doing such?

My batteries died at almost 3 years, and now am searching for options. The DIN batteries are "special" types/form factors not readily available in battery shops lately, and are cost prohibitive vs. their 3SM counterparts.

TY
    kung same naman rating nila, ok lang dapat ma extend. some DiY i see online, sa trunk pa nga nilipat ang battery e

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

TY
    As far I know, the DIN (Euro size) batteries has a different terminal layout compared to the usual Japanese sized batteries. I suggest using the prescribed size to lessen mounting issues.

My old Fiesta Ecoboost used a DIN66 size battery and I bought a replacement from Amaron. The price is 7k for DIN66. I think the DIN74 size is around 8k. Our Jetta TDI uses a DIN55/60 battery and we bought one (Amaron Pro, 24 months warranty) recently for 6900.

I suggest looking for an Amaron or Panasonic battery dealer. They have more DIN size options compared to Motolite. The price is around the same for all three brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; July 15th, 2020 at 02:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

TY
    if the replacement battery fits the mounting area, fits the electrical specs, and the cables are adequately long, i'd get it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    kung same naman rating nila, ok lang dapat ma extend. some DiY i see online, sa trunk pa nga nilipat ang battery e

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

I'll check out the cable slack later when I remove the battery. Yung height, tataas by about 2 in,, but have seem other owners use DIN74, which is taller by almost an inch.

Battery tray length though seems to be a very tight fit.

Was checking out the specs of the factory stock Fomoco(GS) battery, and the Motolite DIN66. The electrical specs of an Amaron Pro 2SMF or a Motolite Excel 2SMF seem to match if not surpass the CCA, RC, and weight specs of their DIN65/66 counterparts, just for info. Price to pay for that special "Euro" form factor?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    As far I know, the DIN (Euro size) batteries has a different terminal layout compared to the usual Japanese sized batteries. I suggest using the prescribed size to lessen mounting issues.

My old Fiesta Ecoboost used a DIN66 size battery and I bought a replacement from Amaron. The price is 7k for DIN66. I think the DIN74 size is around 8k. Our Jetta TDI uses a DIN55/60 battery and we bought one (Amaron Pro, 24 months warranty) recently for 6900.

I suggest looking for an Amaron or Panasonic battery dealer. They have more DIN size options compared to Motolite. The price is around the same for all three brands.

You are correct. The busbar network may pose an issue as it increases the height by about an inch more. Retrofitting the inline fuses may also be a pain.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'll check out the cable slack later when I remove the battery. Yung height, tataas by about 2 in,, but have seem other owners use DIN74, which is taller by almost an inch.

Was checking out the specs of the factory stock Fomoco(GS) battery, and the Motolite DIN66. The electrical specs of an Amaron Pro 2SMF or a Motolite Excel 2SMF seem to match if not surpass the CCA, RC, and weight specs of their DIN65/66 counterparts, just for info. Price to pay for that special "Euro" form factor?
    DIN66 and DIN74 have similar dimensions except height. I did use DIN74 before on my Fiesta Ecoboost as there was no available DIN66 when my stock battery died. When the DIN74 died out (32 months), I used DIN66 already.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008

While the specs are mostly the same, DIN 66 is not just shorter by around 50mm compared to 2SM, the terminals are also recessed. Best to try a sample 2SM battery before ordering.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Last time I checked the Fiesta used a DIN44 like the Focus and EcoSport.
    If I recall it was the Focus TDCI (diesel) that used the DIN66.

The DIN44 Motolite Gold is in the P6K range, this also happened to the the same exact battery (OEM) for the locally assembled gasoline Focus Mk2 models.
    Last edited by AG4; July 15th, 2020 at 06:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Last time I checked the Fiesta used a DIN44 like the Focus and EcoSport.
    If I recall it was the Focus TDCI (diesel) that used the DIN66.

The DIN44 Motolite Gold is in the P6K range, this also happened to the the OEM battery for locally assembled gasoline Focus Mk2 models.
    The non turbo Fiestas (1.4L, 1.6L, 1.5L) used the DIN44 battery size. The 1.0L Ecoboost Fiesta uses the DIN66 battery size like the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost.

Ford Everest 2015