1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    saka hingin mo yan plus 2 years promo pa ata nila so bale 5 yrs na din

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLICAR View Post
    [SIZE=7]to: New dad
    [SIZE=4]
    bro...i got my escape from global city...getting an escape is worth it...even if i got my unit from global city...i will refer you to the director of sales at ford edsa...i know her...hopefully you will be extended with the best deal you can get...peace...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Solicar: Please join to our group http://forum.escapezone.ph/. Drop by to the newbie page and say hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    pangit ng bago grille
    Hehe yan daw ang original grill nung first escape. Buti saken nakuha ko yung pahaba ok naman sya.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    saka hingin mo yan plus 2 years promo pa ata nila so bale 5 yrs na din
    2 years? grabe na sa promo yan. Kase lam ko extended 2 years sawarranty is 100k . Pag nakuha yan jackpot!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    tsikoteers members need some advice.I am eyeing on having an escape soon.4x4 sana cuz i want something that has capability on off road pra sa hndi inaasahang gamit and can be relied on for the worst condition.tanong ko lng kung ung 4x4 ng escape is full time or pag kailangan lng automatic nag sishift to 4 wd?medyo aware lng sa fc,otherwise ung 4x2xlt n lng kukunin ko.... thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    bihira mo magagamit 4x4 maliban na lng kung sa bundok ka nakatira.
    ung kakilala ko ginagamit lng nya ung escape pag coding ung diesel suv nya. malakas kac sa gas

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arisrites View Post
    tsikoteers members need some advice.I am eyeing on having an escape soon.4x4 sana cuz i want something that has capability on off road pra sa hndi inaasahang gamit and can be relied on for the worst condition.tanong ko lng kung ung 4x4 ng escape is full time or pag kailangan lng automatic nag sishift to 4 wd?medyo aware lng sa fc,otherwise ung 4x2xlt n lng kukunin ko.... thanks in advance
    Hi Sir,

4x4 Escape is not full time or automatically shift to 4x4 if it's really needs. Iniwasan yata nila ang ganitong technology due to gas consumption. Yung 2nd gen din ng CRV is full time dame nag rereklamo minsan nag shishift na di naman kailangan. So you really need to push the 4x4 button to enable.

Sir sali ka po sa Escape forum namin (http://forum.escapezone.ph/)
    Please do drop by madame ka matutunan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May I know the aircon problem? Mine has a problem on the control switch to change where the air should pass... dunno what that knob is called... but it's not working so the air passes under the windshield and it becomes annoying during rainy days (e.g. windshield gets foggy)...
    Last edited by pdc2; August 16th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i'm planning to acquire an escape. i'm a nissan fan but the new xtrail went over the budget kaya i'm thinking of getting an escape na lang. meron bang parang ash grey na color yung escape?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi -

I would like to share with you my experience with my 2009 Ford Escape. Had it for over a year now, got it from Ford Alabang. been very happy with my unit (good acceleration, suspension, satisfied with the aircon and sound system although mp3 ready should have been a plus, 8-10km/L avg GC) and with the service from Ford Alabang up until now.

Here goes, got into a minor accident 2 months back that resulted to several repairs. Major repairs include replacement of the front right door assembly, the rest are repaint, moulding, etc. total amount was close to 100K which the insurance paid of course. I actually just got the unit last week, had some delays with the process of the Insurance company that's why it took me 2 months. As it turns out and from careful observation, Ford Alabang didn't actually change the right front door assembly, they just repaired it and charged it as a brand new door assembly--what a rip off! how did I know?, first I already had my suspicion when things didnt really perfectly fit in place (side mirror not folding properly) and some residue from my old door (torn felt in door handle - not really sure whats it called) and I actually placed an indicator on the door before I surrendered the unit for repair (smart move). How stupid can they get thinking they can get away with it? charging you or the insurance company for that matter ---specifically for a brand new replacement of a door assembly but just repaired it.

I can probably live with my unit since its still in working condition although not the best repair job they did. My consolation is that I can now use my unit after 2 months of waiting. However, what I cannot live with or tolerate is FRAUD and the LACK OF INTEGRITY of people you entrusted it to. This may not be entirely the fault of Ford ALabang but probably some of its people who may be doing some anomalous and unscrupulous transactions on their own for their personal gain but still this would reflect on the management and leadership of the establishment.

As of this writing, I have filed my complaint with Ford Alabang via their customer service manager and will enforce it with a formal written (email) complaint. I am searching thru the net if I am able to retrieve the email addresses of their top executives so this will be heard, acted upon and expedited. I just hope for their benefit and 'us' customers, that they will take this complaint seriously and show that they listen and that they care for their customers.

To add insult to injury, the Service Advisor upon informing him that I previously reported from my last tune up that there is something wrong with the suspension (hearing an unusual noise) actually told me that there was no report filed (my previous incompetent SA who handled my 15K tune up did nothing about it.) He further informed me that upon doing his investigation, all 4 shock absorber (suspension) leaked. Good thing that he is in agreement that it should be covered by the warranty since all 4 got busted within a span of less than a year--how does that sound for ford quality and durability? As this may be an isolated case but at least I shared it with you that this things happen and it did happen to me.

As for this topic, is ford escape worth it? I think it still is. I got a good bargain from ford alabang, loved my unit, had great service except for the last couple of months after that 15K tune up. I did an extensive research on reviews and feedback from owners before I bought the unit and majority were satisfied with their unit. What really influenced my overall decision is the price versus tucson, captiva which were my alternatives.

If Ford expects to be a market leader then they seriously need to address quality issues and most of all their service as this is what retains its customer base while the former is establishing trust and confidence in the public thru their quality. I am actually considering to get a focus as my replacement for my aging 2nd vehicle in 2 years time. But with the turn of events, I may as well get a honda civic.

Regards,
    - The Butterfly effect -

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    My only gripe about the Ford Escape is its ungainly-sounding doors when you open/close them.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Just to update everyone.

This was resolved already. They didn't explain properly that only the exterior metal door was replaced and they retained the interior/siding. My suspensions were also replaced. SA advisor was accomodating. They still need to improve on walking the customer thru any repairs or the status of your car after the regular maintenance/repair. Had some minor delays on their scheduled release, waited for 2 more hours as they said they did more tuning on the unit when they had to calibrate the computer box plus the road test.

Overall, I would still recommend Ford Alabang. I appreciate the fact that they ask for feedback on their service. They just need to act on the customer feedback more proactively. They need to improve their complementary car wash after the service (doesnt mean it is free that it has to be crappy). They have some SA that just suck! So please provide your feedback!

Regards,
    - The Butterfly effect -

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Escape not worth it?