New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B_3ff3ct View Post
    Hi -

I would like to share with you my experience with my 2009 Ford Escape. Had it for over a year now, got it from Ford Alabang. been very happy with my unit (good acceleration, suspension, satisfied with the aircon and sound system although mp3 ready should have been a plus, 8-10km/L avg GC) and with the service from Ford Alabang up until now.

Here goes, got into a minor accident 2 months back that resulted to several repairs. Major repairs include replacement of the front right door assembly, the rest are repaint, moulding, etc. total amount was close to 100K which the insurance paid of course. I actually just got the unit last week, had some delays with the process of the Insurance company that's why it took me 2 months. As it turns out and from careful observation, Ford Alabang didn't actually change the right front door assembly, they just repaired it and charged it as a brand new door assembly--what a rip off! how did I know?, first I already had my suspicion when things didnt really perfectly fit in place (side mirror not folding properly) and some residue from my old door (torn felt in door handle - not really sure whats it called) and I actually placed an indicator on the door before I surrendered the unit for repair (smart move). How stupid can they get thinking they can get away with it? charging you or the insurance company for that matter ---specifically for a brand new replacement of a door assembly but just repaired it.

I can probably live with my unit since its still in working condition although not the best repair job they did. My consolation is that I can now use my unit after 2 months of waiting. However, what I cannot live with or tolerate is FRAUD and the LACK OF INTEGRITY of people you entrusted it to. This may not be entirely the fault of Ford ALabang but probably some of its people who may be doing some anomalous and unscrupulous transactions on their own for their personal gain but still this would reflect on the management and leadership of the establishment.

As of this writing, I have filed my complaint with Ford Alabang via their customer service manager and will enforce it with a formal written (email) complaint. I am searching thru the net if I am able to retrieve the email addresses of their top executives so this will be heard, acted upon and expedited. I just hope for their benefit and 'us' customers, that they will take this complaint seriously and show that they listen and that they care for their customers.

To add insult to injury, the Service Advisor upon informing him that I previously reported from my last tune up that there is something wrong with the suspension (hearing an unusual noise) actually told me that there was no report filed (my previous incompetent SA who handled my 15K tune up did nothing about it.) He further informed me that upon doing his investigation, all 4 shock absorber (suspension) leaked. Good thing that he is in agreement that it should be covered by the warranty since all 4 got busted within a span of less than a year--how does that sound for ford quality and durability? As this may be an isolated case but at least I shared it with you that this things happen and it did happen to me.

As for this topic, is ford escape worth it? I think it still is. I got a good bargain from ford alabang, loved my unit, had great service except for the last couple of months after that 15K tune up. I did an extensive research on reviews and feedback from owners before I bought the unit and majority were satisfied with their unit. What really influenced my overall decision is the price versus tucson, captiva which were my alternatives.

If Ford expects to be a market leader then they seriously need to address quality issues and most of all their service as this is what retains its customer base while the former is establishing trust and confidence in the public thru their quality. I am actually considering to get a focus as my replacement for my aging 2nd vehicle in 2 years time. But with the turn of events, I may as well get a honda civic.

Regards,
    - The Butterfly effect -
    this exactly my point when on my first post. Ford escape is a good brand BUT yung after service nya sucks. I am a Honda Owner dati and never ako nagka problem.. but yung ford Casa Service medyo palpak. para ako bumibili ng 2nd hand o 10 yr old na kotse sa sakit ng ulo.

ito lang naman ang experience ko. pero kung may iba dyan who are happy sa service.. well, am happy for u BUT may ilang dyan na naka kuha ng palpak na Casa service from ford

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lonerunner View Post
    this exactly my point when on my first post. Ford escape is a good brand BUT yung after service nya sucks. I am a Honda Owner dati and never ako nagka problem.. but yung ford Casa Service medyo palpak. para ako bumibili ng 2nd hand o 10 yr old na kotse sa sakit ng ulo.

ito lang naman ang experience ko. pero kung may iba dyan who are happy sa service.. well, am happy for u BUT may ilang dyan na naka kuha ng palpak na Casa service from ford
    This was resolved already on his last update. Hindi lang sa kanya naexplain masyado...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    palpak talaga service ng ford global. nabannga yung escape ko and had to change both bumpers. after repaint binalik sa akin puro oversray form roof to rims, pati windshield magaspang. nireklamo ko sabi i buff daw nila. pagbalik sa akin gabi na so uwi na ako agad. in the morning, hood lang ang na buff. pinagawa ko na sa iba dahil wala na ako kompyansa. then i noticed na wala sa alignment yung bumper and hood. parang medyo tabingi yung bumper when in line sa hood. binalik ko sa kanila para ma align yung bumper. nung binalik panatay na pero the next day pansin ko pag tap sa hood maingay... kasi tumatama yung pangtayo ng hood pag nakasara... ang ginawa pala nila para ma align is not to remove the bumper but to adjust the height ng hood!!! hayop talaga ang ford global especially sa body and paint section... ingat kayo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rotciv View Post
    palpak talaga service ng ford global. nabannga yung escape ko and had to change both bumpers. after repaint binalik sa akin puro oversray form roof to rims, pati windshield magaspang. nireklamo ko sabi i buff daw nila. pagbalik sa akin gabi na so uwi na ako agad. in the morning, hood lang ang na buff. pinagawa ko na sa iba dahil wala na ako kompyansa. then i noticed na wala sa alignment yung bumper and hood. parang medyo tabingi yung bumper when in line sa hood. binalik ko sa kanila para ma align yung bumper. nung binalik panatay na pero the next day pansin ko pag tap sa hood maingay... kasi tumatama yung pangtayo ng hood pag nakasara... ang ginawa pala nila para ma align is not to remove the bumper but to adjust the height ng hood!!! hayop talaga ang ford global especially sa body and paint section... ingat kayo
    I suggest join the EscapeZone Club. The officer may able to help in your problem since Ford Global is one of their affiliated dealer. Please do drop by

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Bait talaga ni sir Battlestar. Always ready to assist.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The escape is not worth it. Terrible Workmanship on the car, Terrible Quality of materials installed and even Terrible Servicing by the dealership. Below is a portion of the letter I recently gave ford-

"I am confirming my sincerest wish to return the 2009 Ford Escape which I bought from FORD CDO Dealership. The vehicle stalled a few kilometers away from the dealership (Jetti Bulua), right after the 40,000km preventive maintenance. The Check Engine Sign went on, the Overdrive On/Off was constantly blinking, the engine was shaking and the car would only run at a snail pace speed. Upon return to the dealership and after the diagnostics were performed, I was advised to leave the car for further examination. The car would remain with the dealership over the weekend and until the 2nd of November. This confirms my suspicion that Ford Motor Philippines delivered to me a defective unit. Note that I lost two half-days due to this incident. The first was in bring the car to the dealership, the second was in picking it up. Please understand that I live 88 kilometers from the dealership.

If you would kindly check your records, you would find the following:

1. Right After the first 5,000 km preventive maintenance, the ford escape stalled in the middle of the dark and isolated portion of the Iligan-Cagayan National highway, more in particular within the municipality of Libertad. After being rescued by your predecessor, Raymund Mirabueno, your dealership discovered that the vehicle had a defective Throttle Sensor. I expressed mu desire to return the unit, but gave Ford another shot at it owing to the fine service the dealership gave me. I accepted the vehicle with the condition that should it have a major breakdown again, I would gladly return the unit.

2. Sometime June 2009, the hinge of the center console box gave way and ruined the console box mechanism and plastic levers. I demanded replacement and was serviced quite well. As this was a non-critical component, I soldiered on with the vehicle. This incident however imprinted in my mind the poor quality of materials used and the poor workmanship that must have been done on the vehicle.

3. On my 35,000km preventive maintenance, I could rightfully remember I was billed for tire and battery inspection. After leaving the dealership I noticed the vehicle to be swerving on one side. As it was already late in the afternoon and I had to rush home, I soldiered on an 88 km trip to our home in Iligan City. A few days later, one of our drivers informed me that the steel belt on one of the tires have sprouted out and that the tires already had lumps, owing to the fact they were heavily worn out. I caused the all tires to be replaced and guess what- the swerve disappeared.

A few days after the tire change, while picking up my wife and groceries from Gaisano Mall-Iligan, the vehicle refused to start. Ford-CDO sought to rescue but one of my drivers came first and told me to just replace the batteries as they are simply dead. I do understand the tires and batteries are consumables and should not be charged to the workmanship of the vehicle. However I could charge it on the dealership who failed me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Ford Escape not worth it?