New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ayos ah..ngayon ko lang nalaman may central difflock pala ang escape..hehe..:mrgreen:

wolfpack,

san po kayo nag-training?

puro ford pips kasama niyo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung RAV 4 ko na Gen1 manual meron diff lock kaso di ko alam pano gamitin. hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BlackMagic::: Meron bang diff lock? Dalhin mo nga sa shop nyo ni theveed tapos angat natin sa lifter nyo. Dun mo makikita kung para san yun. :D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    rav4 gen1 manual? if manual may center diff lock, you press the button lang engaged na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung system ng Escape does not really 'lock' itself up when in the auto mode. But it is indeed more aggressive than the 'auto' mode. It will still provide slippage when it senses the need to do so.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info guys.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Gen 1 Rav 4 manual yes it does have a diff lock you press a button on the dash board, for the matic it engages automatically when it encounters the need for it. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE VEHICLE FULLY STOPPED BEFORE YOU ENGAGE THE DIFF LOCK!!! for the manual trans, Marami na kaming inayos coz the owners engaged them when running when i was with Toyota.

You can engage the diff lock of the escape manually, on automatic mode the 4x4 system engages on a 90/10 torque split if memory serves me right.

i did the training at the ford plant in Sta Rosa Laguna for a week yes lahat sila galing sa dealer network ng ford.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wolfpack,

90/10 torque split under normal on-road use? wala namang center diff yung escape diba?

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    It does have , the torque split mentioned 90/10 is when it is in all wheel drive mode, 4wd minus the diff lock Yan yung automatic na nasa control knob nya, like a all-wheel drive car like the celica all wheel drive. But once you want to get into the sticky stuff thats when the 50/50 torque split which is engaged by the Knob located at the lower left side of the dash board from the steering wheel comes into play. :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sorry kung stupid question...

diba kung naka 50/50 torque split parang naka 4L ka na din?... coz the 4L on conventional 4x4 will send the power 50:50

so the escape should have the same traction/power of a 4L ????

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ford Escape 4x4: Ok ba off-road capabilities nito?