New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi guys! im a newbie here and i'm from cebu. i just would like to know if there is a new model for ford escape, sabi kasi ng sales agent nila ay 2009 na daw ang bagong model nila ngayon dito sa cebu. ok ba ang performance ng escape? ano ba ang fuel consumption niya? please let me know your comments. thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    hi, i'm likewise a newbie here. well i just bought my escape 2009, though i have driven it only for 500 kms., i'm quite satisfied by its performance, by my computation, im consuming an average of 10km/liter.

and the engine response is great.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    from experience, Escape is pretty slow. Consumption is about 5-6kms/L.

If i were you, I'd forget about it and maybe go for KIA Sportage CRDI or Mitsu Strada or Everest 2.5L. You'll be happier.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    probably the new 2009 is the one driven by DHS Agent Dunham in Fringe. she drives two, one green, one black. there is a showcase of Ford suv's in that tv series, the flex, the explorers/expeds, the escape, the edge.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    probably the new 2009 is the one driven by DHS Agent Dunham in Fringe. she drives two, one green, one black.
    The one used in Fringe is the new North American Ford Escape.

The 2009 RP/Asia-Pacific Ford Escape is the one with the Kinetic Design facelift.
    Last edited by AG4; December 7th, 2008 at 08:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    i own an escape ('08 nbx 2.3L 4x2) and i get around 7-8 kms/L may hataw driving pa yan minsan hehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The one used in Fringe is the new North American Ford Escape.

The 2009 RP/Asia-Pacific Ford Escape is the one with the Kinetic Design facelift.
    I like the looks of the American version than the Asian kinetic design

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mga sir i got 08 escape.. pero gusto ko din looks ng 09.. lalo na ung color na chill.. ganda..

anyway mga sir.. escapezone.ph ? any1 knows this site ? mukhang oks e... about sa mga ford escape..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

If i were you, I'd forget about it and maybe go for KIA Sportage CRDI or Mitsu Strada or Everest 2.5L. You'll be happier.
    your experience sa 2009 model?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by melster View Post
    mga sir i got 08 escape.. pero gusto ko din looks ng 09.. lalo na ung color na chill.. ganda..

anyway mga sir.. escapezone.ph ? any1 knows this site ? mukhang oks e... about sa mga ford escape..
    bakit ka ganyan mag post?

ikaw ang nag set-up/build-up ng escapezone.ph forum diba?

anyway..back to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mamords
    Ford Escape 2009?

hi guys! im a newbie here and i'm from cebu. i just would like to know if there is a new model for ford escape, sabi kasi ng sales agent nila ay 2009 na daw ang bagong model nila ngayon dito sa cebu. ok ba ang performance ng escape? ano ba ang fuel consumption niya? please let me know your comments. thanks a lot.
    This is the current model of Escape in the US.

Kung di ka naman masyadong nagmamadali.. hintayin mo na lang i-release ung ganito dito sa Pinas.. the current model of the escape here is a far cry from that of the US version. IMO, eto ung pinaka "pangit" (pardon the use of word) na model in terms of exterior aesthetics. Pero pinakamaganda naman sa interior. My personal comment.

Performance.. well honda CR-V really has better engine response than the Escape but we got better leg room and cabin space. Fuel consumption, got same figures with other mini-suv's around 5-7 km/L in the city. Suspension and ride..? take a test drive to appreciate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Escape 2009?