New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nothing's changed, the Big 3 trucks still rule in America. Not even the popular Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey vans made it to the top 10,noticeable though is the new Jeep Grand Cherokee which changed its spiraling sales to go northward:

top 10 bestselling trucks in the USA, january 2005
    1. Ford F-150------------49,319
    2. Chevrolet Silverado----40,831
    3. Dodge Ram------------24,324
    4. Ford Explorer----------15,478
    5. Dodge Grand Caravan--13,797
    6. GMC Sierra------------12,953
    7. Ford Escape-----------12,868
    8. Jeep Grand Cherokee---12,755
    9. Ford Econoline---------12,542
    10. Chrysler Town&Country-11,354

8.Jeep Grand Chrokee

Wow #1 pala yung F-150 sa tate... Does it have the sames specs as the Phil version? What happened to the Nissan Titan? it had a strong debut in the states.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Wow #1 pala yung F-150 sa tate... Does it have the sames specs as the Phil version? What happened to the Nissan Titan? it had a strong debut in the states.
    it's been the bestselling truck/ vehicle in the US for 23 years now.looks like 2005 is no. 24. I don't know which model trim(s) they sell there in the philippines,but in the US we have 6 trims: base XL,then STX,XLT,FX4 and the luxurious Lariat and the Texas-edition King Ranch (limited model). Powertrains are 4.2L V6 202hp, 4.6L Tritron V6 231hp, 5.4L Tritron V8 300hp.

Ford F-150

The Nissan Titan failed to meet its target sales of 100,000 units last year, it didn't have a "strong debut" sales-wise. It did have hot raves in reviews, but along with Nissan's new trucks Armada,Quest and Infiniti QX56 people didn't warm up good to them. Hope 2005 is different for Nissan trucks, with new entries like Xterra,Pathfinder and Frontier.

January 2005 sales Nissan Titan vs Toyota Tundra
    Tundra-8,715 (2004 total-115,484)
    Titan-6,559 (2004 total-83,848)

Nissan Titan

compare those Japanese truck sales with the American trucks in the 1st thread. not even close.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sikuya
    nothing's changed, the Big 3 trucks still rule in America. Not even the popular Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey vans made it to the top 10
    As I said dun sa isang post mo, maliit na player lang ang Honda sa automotive industry. Lahat ng pino-produce ng planta ng Honda sa Alabama (were the Osyssey, Pilot, MDX and Ridgeline comes from), di pa lumalabas at nabubuo, nabili at may may-ari na Eto ang dahilan kung bakit malakas ang loob ng mga dealers nila para patungan ang already inflated prices ng mga kotse nila. Kung nakaka-keep up lang ang production ng mga planta ng Honda sa demand ng mga sasakyan nila, mas malaki sana ang benta nila pero that's not their aim (besides, building a plant costs a lot of moolahs!!!). Due to the fact na maliit nga sila, mas priority nila ang maibenta lahat o karamihan ng mga kotseng lumalabas sa planta nila.

Ganun din ang Toyota (trucks and minivans).... kung titingnan mo yung nai-produce nila versus naibenta, malaki din ang percentage ng naibenta nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like the domestics are really dug in their forte... trucks!

Macky, medyo naguguluhan po ako sa sinabi mo. Kung ganun kalakas ang demand for their vehicles, hindi ba kahit mag tayo sila ng isa pang planta or mag expand ng production line madali na lang i recoup yun with higher sales?

Iniisip ko kasi eh baka JIT inventory ang ginagawa nila, kung ano ang demand yun rin ang i produce nila.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hay man (MACKY), i am just posting the sales figures. I have no arguments about your points, it's good honda produces vehicles that get sold pretty quick right off the delivery truck. if toyota/honda/nissan can't produce enough for the demand, it's their loss for not being able to keep up. like I said, these are just sales figures.and whoever lands in the top 10 keeps the bragging rights,man.
    but the demand is probably not enough though to justify honda for example, to build another plant.Toyota's Indiana plant for the Tundra has a 150,000 capacity, but only les than 115,000 Tundra's are sold yearly.
    and honda being a small player in the US auto industry?maybe,but it's not that small:

january 2005 vehicles sales % share by company

GM-26.4%
    Ford-18.7%
    Chrysler only-14.0%
    Toyota-13.5%
    Honda-7.7%
    Nissan-7.2%

golly,look at Toyota at the heels of Chrysler. will it dislodge Chrysler from the Big 3 soon?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    about Ford... is it the consolidated Ford Group?

what would be the figures if you add in the DC group with Chrysler?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any news on an F150 SVT?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The domestics have a lock on the fleet market and commercial users (e.g. the local plumber, deli, phone company, etc.) kaya malakas talaga ang sales.

The imports are more popular in the personal use market.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    about Ford... is it the consolidated Ford Group?

what would be the figures if you add in the DC group with Chrysler?
    Ford figure includes Aston,Jaguar,Volvo,Lincoln,Mercury,Land Rover (but not Mazda)

If you include Mercedes-Benz (and Maybach) DaimlerChrysler share is 15.4%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford and Chrysler rule Truckworld USA