New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by adshocker View Post
    how about yung escape? hnd po ba waterproof yung computer box nya?
    I don't know but i can recall the claim of some people that it's engine block has holes.

Tanatej, the FJ40 is though but i don't think this is really an everyday car unlike what those being discussed on this thread, and this is also a sharing of Ford experiences thread (with due respect to the TS).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I don't know but i can recall the claim of some people that it's engine block has holes.
    But we just drove it through flood water! Flood water shouldn't break connecting rods and punch holes in engine blocks... durhhhh....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    By industry standards it should be waterproof, but the accountants try to cut corners as much as possible to save costs.

Built tough? My vote goes to Landcruiser FJ40.
    The FJ40 isn't burdened by the presence of a computer box.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't think so. Not any more than most cars. Which means you can get lucky and not have any damage, or if you leave it on, it could short out. Most Ford guys I know are able to recover their Lynx and Escape boxes after a flood, but there are exceptions.
    after the flood pepeng, our lynx was restored for about 3 months in the garage. ang nagpatagal lang is yung ecu. to think na di natanggal ang battery terminals bago mabaha kasi di inaasahan na aabot pa sa garage ang tubig. matibay talaga ang ford.
    Last edited by beni23; February 7th, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford Built Tough?