New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3 yrs free service... not bad at all.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag text sa akin si theveed dati... pati yata ang optra nagkaganun na promo... free PMS for three years.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    nag text sa akin si theveed dati... pati yata ang optra nagkaganun na promo... free PMS for three years.
    about time. nilalangaw na talaga mga chevy cars. kaya pala yun last pms namin ng venture eh bumaba ang average charge nila mapa-parts and labor.

nun dati 14k per 6 months PMS ngaun almost 12k na lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Longer the warranty, the more confident they are with their cars...
    I agree.

But re-assurance is not needed by manufacturer itself. Consumers need to be confident with their car.

nagtataka lang ako kung bakit troubled pa din ang sales ng Mitsu kung 10-year warranty sila. Saka yung ibang manufacturer who offer 10-year warranty pero wala pa ding tiwala ang consumers.

if the quality of car is still questionable with the consumers, then they must need a different type of marketing strategy in hopes to attract the consumers. 10-year warranty might work (yata?!)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    10 year warranty wow! sa US ba yan? ang sarap naman dyan! most car owners I know and even myself never kept a single model car that long. a decade long?? cant believe it talaga. and to think wala pa din gano bumibili ng Mitsu dyan sa inyo ... you Americans are the luckiest people!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good for Ford. since they're a company who has developed a reputation for second-rate reliability, they are putting their money where their mouth is and guaranteeing their product to a skeptical customer. although, as someone else already pointed out, the proof is in the pudding - the warranty will only get the customer to try the product. if the car is a piece of ****, kahit 20 year warranty pa yan....wala pa ring bibili.

the Filipino consumer also wins big time, because now everyone will have to follow suit to stay in the game, and hopefully that means quality and customer service standards increase in the industry as a result.

oldblue, the US customer benefits from having super-competitive car industry here. i know that Hyundai for sure offers a 10-year warranty (they had to do it because their initial offerings were total crap and they had to do something drastic to rebuild their name here), and many luxury car makers (BMW, MB, Audi) offer 3-5 year warranties with free maintenance for 3 years as well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    10 year warranty wow! sa US ba yan? ang sarap naman dyan! most car owners I know and even myself never kept a single model car that long. a decade long?? cant believe it talaga. and to think wala pa din gano bumibili ng Mitsu dyan sa inyo ... you Americans are the luckiest people!
    ...and that 10-year warranty is FULLY transferable if you ever sell your car.

Some Mazda dealerships in Cali offers FREE oil change for as long as you own the car [limit up to four oil changes a year].

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A long warranty is their assurance that things won't go wrong. Of course, it doesn't always cover anything that will probably actually go wrong (the so-called "wear" items)... which include brake pads, brake discs, bushings, etcetera etcetera etcetera...

I hate my long warranty. Kung di lang ako nag-sign sa 5 year warranty, I'd be having my oil changes outside, with Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic and different plugs... I'd have my headers and exhaust installed already... agggh!!! It sucks to have to wait for 5 years (or 125,000km!).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    good for Ford. since they're a company who has developed a reputation for second-rate reliability, they are putting their money where their mouth is and guaranteeing their product to a skeptical customer. although, as someone else already pointed out, the proof is in the pudding - the warranty will only get the customer to try the product. if the car is a piece of ****, kahit 20 year warranty pa yan....wala pa ring bibili.

the Filipino consumer also wins big time, because now everyone will have to follow suit to stay in the game, and hopefully that means quality and customer service standards increase in the industry as a result.

oldblue, the US customer benefits from having super-competitive car industry here. i know that Hyundai for sure offers a 10-year warranty (they had to do it because their initial offerings were total crap and they had to do something drastic to rebuild their name here), and many luxury car makers (BMW, MB, Audi) offer 3-5 year warranties with free maintenance for 3 years as well.
    sarap talaga sa states. and to think magaganda pa daan sa inyo. dito sa P'nas kahit under warranty pa tsikot mo, may mga kalampag na kagad lumalabas dahil sa bad road conditions.

I do hope maging saturated din ang market dito sa'tin. 3 years warranty is ok naman sakin, basta free change oil/PMS na din. then next offer naman 5 year warranty hehehe

tingin ko naman dyan na din kami patungo. padami ng padami ang used cars dito - na nakakakuha ng market share sa mga brand new vehicles. a 5 year warranty standard on bnew cars will definitely push buyers to go Brand new!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Together with the 5 years warranty ng Ford, they also offered a 50% DP, 2 years to pay na 0% for the Ford Focus Sport. Was really, really tempted by the offer. The car handles nicely, excellent accessories, and the warranty. If only I had the money, haaay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford 5-year warranty...