New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    i cant fit my self at the backseat of FOCUS HB.

grabe unless skinny ka and ka height ni gloria.
    Was the front seat adjusted to a six footer? ...or do you happen to be a six footer?

With the front seat adjusted to a 5' 7 driver, there's still some extra knee room at the back for a 5' 8 passenger directly seated behind the driver.

Focus seats are tall, so the passenger's legs are not stretched out like in the Civic or other low cars.
    Last edited by AG4; February 17th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Was the front seat adjusted to a six footer? ...or do you happen to be a six footer?

With the front seat adjusted to a 5' 7 driver, there's still some extra knee room at the back for a 5' 8 passenger directly seated behind the driver.
    when i adjusted the seat full, it almost touched the rear seat but still feels "masikip" for me i stand almost 6 feet now

since they cant enter the rear seat so adjusted the seat a little forward and still theyre cramped at the back and its very irritating o me.

overall masikip talaga focus HB for me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's the psychological effect of the low ceiling and tight C-pillars... wish they'd fix that with the new one...

4-5 km/l? Where does he drive it? From a condo in Ortigas to an office in Ortigas in rush hour?

The 2.0 is a better car than the 1.8. Handles better, better wearing interior. Nice car to "porma" up, but as a modder's project, difficult. Automatic transmission, no choice but brand-name parts. The funny thing... it's actually sometimes easier and more cost-effec tive buying aftermarket suspension and braking parts than buying stock.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the feedback..

So talagang mahal pala maintenance ng ford.. (I was also looking at a bnew mazda actually.. pero ala ba talaga parts sa labas para makamura?)

Honda civic sana, kaso I feel the price these people are asking for their second hand civic is unreasonable. Oo maganda civic and medyo matibay but for an avergage of 650k for a 3 year old car? heh..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebong0 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback..

So talagang mahal pala maintenance ng ford.. (I was also looking at a bnew mazda actually.. pero ala ba talaga parts sa labas para makamura?)
    After your Mazda or Ford's warranty expires, I guess you can go to shops like Mazford in Banawe.
    Last edited by AG4; February 17th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Outside shops carry certain parts. You can now get brake pads, discs and shocks from the outside. Places like Mazford will carry electronics. They do for our Lynxes, but I'm not so sure about the Focii and Mazda3.

It won't be as easy as finding parts for more common cars, but for most contingencies, it won't be nearly as hard as servicing, say, a Volvo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm having problems deciding on what to buy

1. A new car -- the new city, sentra (very cheap), mazda3

2. 2nd hand car -- 2005up Ford

Why ford? I think civic owners asks too much for their second hand cars (uhh.. guys, civic is just another car. hindi po ginto yan). When I see altis, I see nothing that makes me want to buy it. Ditto for a lancer and a sentra. I mean there is just nothing there that would make me want to spend half a million pesos++.. And I kinda like the looks of the ford better than the mazda3..

Un nga lang a measly 6-8kms/liter daw FC on heavy traffic.. (My previous car - 2000 civic AT was consistent at 9-10)

Hirap magdecide.. everyday nagbabago isip depending on the 'stars'.. magcommute na lang kaya hehehe.. (ang init kasi)

Pero currently obsessing about: 2006 FordFocus 1.8 Sedan.
    (Yoko na nung HB.. 6.4kms/ltr daw sabi nung me ari and ingat na ingat pa daw sya nun para makatipid sa gas)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mahirap kapag obsessed ka na sa isang specific car na.

if heat is one of your problems then yun nga go for sentra :D
    the new city's good pero kung naghahanap ka rin naman ng 2nd hand na car at natipuhan mo new city, ask ko lang bakit di mo nasama sa pagpipilian mo previous gen na city?

and teka, mahal ba talaga mazda ford at honda parts? mazda lang halos naririnig kong prices eh at wala akong idea na mahal na pala yun..

commuting is good lalo na pag everyday pero having a ride is much better. useful kapag rush hours, mondays, special occasions, porma and stuff. ako need ko lang car pag monday, sat and sun

bale choices ko so far
    -sentra (250k yata pinaka mababa kong nakita 2nd hand, bnew 500k+ yata)
    for aircon and space
    -prev gen city (around 300k 2nd hand)
    for fuel economy
    -ford hb
    for porma haha

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    # ask ko lang bakit di mo nasama sa pagpipilian mo previous gen na city?

Parang ano kasi sya -- parang car na napipi. I dont like how it looks

# and teka, mahal ba talaga mazda ford at honda parts?

No idea also about prices. Me nagsabi lang dito sa thread na ito na mahal daw at sobrang high maintenance ung ford. Pero no idea about that really.

Here is what is currently going thru my mind

1. New city -

Pros: Good Looks, very good FC (12-15kms/ltr)

Cons: Cost

A city 1.3 AT will cost about 812,552 including lto, insurance..etc.. Then if 20% down, add 170k in interest payments for 4 years. In short, I will be paying something like 980k to get this car

2. The ford focus 2005

Pros: Price. Just around 450k.., Its about 150mm wider. Thats almost the width of a small child (read as: I have a small child)

Cons: Not new. Has 30k mileage. As for FC, the owner says its about 8kms/ltr

Key question thats bothering me

The price difference is 500k. But in ten years, will the cost of maintaining the ford, factoring also gas prices, be such that in the end.. I would end up paying more for the ford than for the honda.

Btw: I dropped sentra from my list. Masyadong mababa FC to justify buying it. And its also not that big. Pati nga ung lancer, nagulat ako kasi the width is just 1695mm.. The same as the new city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford 2.0L is it worth it? (Seeking Feedback)