New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Am Gasoline are really going high right now. So I switch to Super Unleaded, before I was using V-power. Is't ok if I fill my car with Super unleaded gasoline with 93octane rather than V-Power 95octane? Info I read the manual of my car is says 95octane. Is filling my car with Unleaded with 93octane bad for my car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be okay. New 1.8 Ghia or an older one? If you've had the factory reflash (ask your dealer), then it should have no problems on Unleaded.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It won't hurt if you use 93 RON.. but it would be better if you fill-up with 95 octane gas. I believe 95 RON is the recommended fuel to use with the FOCUS engine.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yup its 95 ron (recommended sa manual). had the opportunity to drive one. pero pede pa rin 93 ron.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkreaganc View Post
    Am Gasoline are really going high right now. So I switch to Super Unleaded, before I was using V-power. Is't ok if I fill my car with Super unleaded gasoline with 93octane rather than V-Power 95octane? Info I read the manual of my car is says 95octane. Is filling my car with Unleaded with 93octane bad for my car?
    imho, new cars today can run on 93 RON.
    but since fuel is expensive now. why not try it at first? then check how your engine behaves and if you are not really contented with it, then its up to you to go back to 95 RON.

the reason why its recommended in the manual is because they are projecting engine performance for optimal results. and i guess even though you use a lower octaned fuel, wala namang masisira yan sa engine.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thank you po...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sorry kung medyo OT pero pwede ba sa Explorer yung V-Power? Kasi may kilala akong owner ng Expedition na nasira daw yung engine dahil sa taas ng octane ng V-Power. Eh diba kumang makina parin yung makina ng Expe at Explo?

Ang sabi saken mag Caltex Silver daw. Pero Super Unleaded gamit ko ngayon.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sorry kung medyo OT pero pwede ba sa Explorer yung V-Power? Kasi may kilala akong owner ng Expedition na nasira daw yung engine dahil sa taas ng octane ng V-Power. Eh diba kumang makina parin yung makina ng Expe at Explo?

Ang sabi saken mag Caltex Silver daw. Pero Super Unleaded gamit ko ngayon.
    Masira? Hardly possible. It's probable that there might be some tope if the engine is not optimized for it. Most likely the engine didn't like the fuel additives and quality.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Focus Ghia 1.8 Unleaded or V-Power?