New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Ka-Fiesters,

We asked our Ford SA how much would a duplicate key cost. She said around P7,000.00.

Wow!

It would be best if we did our very best not to lose or damage it.

If you would refer to your owner's manual, your keyless fob splits open using a screw driver. No screws hold it together. Just some snaps.

I did not give it more thought until yesterday when I found the fob detached from my keychain which mainly helps me from losing it. I have a hook for my bag or belt. One measure against forgetting or misplacing it. I realized then that the tiny ring that came with the fob is placed in such a way that a small gap, similar to when you pry it open to replace the battery, allows the small ring to detach. This could happen if you bump the fob against a hard surface or falls on the floor. The small ring does not in any way help keep the fob together.

I would like to share with you my simple solution:

It provides greater mechanical grip to my keychain plus helps keep the fob together.

It might not go well with you purists that want things as original as possible. My reply would be : If we kept things original, we would still be in caves .

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I've also been thinking about this myself, worried baka mawala yung fob key just by relying on this small ring and the small plastic thing it attaches to.. I would like to give your mod a shot... can you give some details chief on the process? did you split the key first before drilling on it? more pics sana if possible. thanks!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    I've also been thinking about this myself, worried baka mawala yung fob key just by relying on this small ring and the small plastic thing it attaches to.. I would like to give your mod a shot... can you give some details chief on the process? did you split the key first before drilling on it? more pics sana if possible. thanks!
    Better to do it while the fob is intact para aligned yung dalawang butas. Depende sa size ng keyring na gagamitin mo, dapat ang butas as small as possible.

Start out with a small drill bit first. Para hindi umusad yung drill, using a small pointed knife, lagyan mo muna ng maliit na uka kung saan magstart yung drill.

Gradually use a larger drill bit hangga abutin yung desired hole size.

Here are more pics:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Ingat lang sa drill dahil may electronics sa loob ng Keyless fob