New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Good day,

I am planning to buy Ford Focus Hatchback ( bnew ) later next week.

But, as I was browsing the threads I found out that there is a new look for the 2012 model for Focus. I found the new hatchback looks beautiful, and now I am thinking twice if it would be reasonable to purchase the model we have right now. Guys I need your Honest opinion regarding this. And your comments would be very helpful.

I told my wife if she would rather have the Ford Fiesta, unfortunately she likes the Focus Hatchback better. not considering there would be a new look coming soon ( maybe ).

Thanks and God bless. ^^

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    If you are a practical type of person, go with the 2011 focus diesel. Performance,refinement and engine reliability was proven already. Problem with the new models are the bugs(recall) since it is not tested here in our shore, some of the bugs are not sorted out. Much safer to buy after a year fron the released, by then all the problems are sorted out and fixed. Peace=)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sir Tj_abs thanks for the opinion. Kaya lang Diesel Hatchback is only available at 2.0 tama po ba? I forgot to include in my post that I will only purchase ung Manual variant nila. May diesel ba nun? Sorry for beeing newbie. My first 2 cars kasi were Honda ( Accord 97 then City 02 ) My first option is 06 model hatchback na 2.0 sports which is Diesel. Kaso medyo alangan ako that's the reason I decided na bnew na lang, but considering my budget I cant afford the 2.0 engine. May low variant ba na diesel sir? Thanks ulit and God bless

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkzx View Post
    Sir Tj_abs thanks for the opinion. Kaya lang Diesel Hatchback is only available at 2.0 tama po ba? I forgot to include in my post that I will only purchase ung Manual variant nila. May diesel ba nun? Sorry for beeing newbie. My first 2 cars kasi were Honda ( Accord 97 then City 02 ) My first option is 06 model hatchback na 2.0 sports which is Diesel. Kaso medyo alangan ako that's the reason I decided na bnew na lang, but considering my budget I cant afford the 2.0 engine. May low variant ba na diesel sir? Thanks ulit and God
    bless
    Goodmorning sir! Actually im new din dito hehe. Anyway about your question, i think wala available na manual 2.0 diesel. May i ask if u will use the car everyday? How many passanger will you carry? Is fuel consumption is also an issue for you? Medyo malakas sa fuel consumption bossing ang gas variant ng ford focus especially the 2.0 engine but if ford still have this 1.6 trend hatchback, mas matipid FC nito. My suggestion is try widen your option. In hatchback(600-800k) B categories, these vehicles are proven to be reliable and fuel efficient: honda jazz 1.3 manual, toyota yaris 1.5 manual, suzuki swift 1.4 manual,ford fiesta hatch 1.6 sportshift(manumatic). In the A segment( if u will use it in city driving and you are not brand conscious)hyundai i10 1.0, kia picanto 1.0, suzuki celerio 1.0.. Fuel efficient lahat ito ranging from 15-20km/liter highway driving..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Lastly, dont buy 2nd hand diesel car. Maintaince cost of diesel engine are much higher compare to gasoline engine. Kung bnew diesel car ok lang. Consider also the danger of buying second hand cars especially ondoy car or balasubas na owner ang gumamit unless u know the person your dealing with and she/he is willing to disclose the history of the vehicle. =)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Yes daily driven. Morning is Manila-Makati ( hatid kay misis ) then afternoon Manila-Makati-Manila ( sundo kay misis )

Pero in between that time I also go to Ortigas my Networking office. Siguro mga 50-60kms per day lahat ng byahe. So consider ko pa rin talaga FC ng unit.

Other option that I have is Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Accent, Mazda 3 and lastly Hyundai Tucson ( pero out of the line na kasi budget for monthly is below 20k ). Pero si misis nag iinsist na Ford Focus Hatchback talaga. Ang problem ko is FC ng Gas variant nya or Matic na below 2.0. Kasi kung mag 2.0 e d tyagain ko na yung Tucson hehe. Konting dagdag na lang kasi. Thanks for helping me sir. Bias naman kasi pag sa dealers ako mag ask, syempre unit nila ang i recomend nila.

So may options pero andami din dapat i consider. Galing na kasi ako sa 2.2engine na accord, then nung nag City ako na 1.3 engine parang ayoko na bumalik sa magastos na gas lalo nat family man na.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkzx View Post
    Good day,

I am planning to buy Ford Focus Hatchback ( bnew ) later next week.

But, as I was browsing the threads I found out that there is a new look for the 2012 model for Focus. I found the new hatchback looks beautiful, and now I am thinking twice if it would be reasonable to purchase the model we have right now. Guys I need your Honest opinion regarding this. And your comments would be very helpful.

I told my wife if she would rather have the Ford Fiesta, unfortunately she likes the Focus Hatchback better. not considering there would be a new look coming soon ( maybe ).

Thanks and God bless. ^^
    It really depends on your personality and the purpose of your rides. Basically your two options are:

1. Nice, reliable and economic

or

2. Fresh, exciting and stylish

In our case, late last year, we decided on the Fiesta. Despite all the problems so far, sulit pa rin sya since we use it as an extension of our personality to our clients. May "dating" 'ika nga.

If you can get a promotion or close deals with your clients at a higher price the risks of being a pioneer in a fresh model are well worth it.

My final question in return will be : Do you want to stay in the safety of where you are right now or move forward and embrace the future?

Only you can answer this.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok pa naman ang "old" Focus, I am sure they give fat discounts for them these days since they are trying to get rid of inventory in preparation for the new model. Pero ako always for a new model... So for me, wait for the 2012 Ford Focus.