New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi mga sir, not sure if this is the right board to place this but here is my question. compatible ba ang infant car seats sa ford focus? a family friend bought a car seat from singapore and ibibigay nya sa amin as a gift. we are planning to get a ford focus so i'm just wondering if may certain requirements para magamit ang car seat sa focus? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    We lived here in the US with my son until he was 3. We had infant car seats and front facing seats for toddlers.

The following are the observations of Consumer Reports on the car seat attachments with the (US) 2012 Ford Focus SE sedan:

Driving with kids: Rear- and forward-facing child seats should prove secure in the rear passenger positions of the Focus. Lower-LATCH anchors in the outboard rear seats are slightly recessed, but easy to find and access.

There are two ways to secure a car seat. You can do it using the car's seat belts. So any car with a seat belt that tightens when you pull it should do. Another way to secure a child car seat is to use the LATCH anchor. I am not sure that even brand new Fords in the Philippines have the LATCH anchors.

I prefer to use the LATCH anchors to secure my son's seats because they hardly move when I test them after installation/re-installation.

Based on my experience, infant car seats should have no problems using the seat belt. It's the front-facing car seats that might have issues.

You can also look at feedback from other parents on Amazon if the car seat that you are getting is available in the US. I bought my son a cheap car seat, an Evenflo Maestro. I found out that it was practically impossible to secure properly without the LATCH. The hook for the headrest did not have any place to go in our older car. Had I been more careful in my research, I would have found out that it was already a problem identified by other users of the Maestro.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jfc168 View Post
    We lived here in the US with my son until he was 3. We had infant car seats and front facing seats for toddlers.

The following are the observations of Consumer Reports on the car seat attachments with the (US) 2012 Ford Focus SE sedan:

Driving with kids: Rear- and forward-facing child seats should prove secure in the rear passenger positions of the Focus. Lower-LATCH anchors in the outboard rear seats are slightly recessed, but easy to find and access.

There are two ways to secure a car seat. You can do it using the car's seat belts. So any car with a seat belt that tightens when you pull it should do. Another way to secure a child car seat is to use the LATCH anchor. I am not sure that even brand new Fords in the Philippines have the LATCH anchors.

I prefer to use the LATCH anchors to secure my son's seats because they hardly move when I test them after installation/re-installation.

Based on my experience, infant car seats should have no problems using the seat belt. It's the front-facing car seats that might have issues.

You can also look at feedback from other parents on Amazon if the car seat that you are getting is available in the US. I bought my son a cheap car seat, an Evenflo Maestro. I found out that it was practically impossible to secure properly without the LATCH. The hook for the headrest did not have any place to go in our older car. Had I been more careful in my research, I would have found out that it was already a problem identified by other users of the Maestro.
    Thanks for the input. I would prefer using the latch instead of the seatbelt at I feel it is more secure. Hopefully the focus here will have the latch available as I seen in other cars that it is not available.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to Ford's website, no ISOFIX for the Focus.

That said, I've always simply used the seatbelts to fix car seats. Works for me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...