New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There was already a petition filed before but it didn't get enough steam to move forward. However, with what happened in Australia, sales of Ford small vehicles will just even get worse.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm guessing this is also why Ford NA has dropped all its sedans already...

Sira na pangalan nila kahit sa home market...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I'm guessing this is also why Ford NA has dropped all its sedans already...

Sira na pangalan nila kahit sa home market...
    Nope, it's not the reason. There are dropping off the small cars in favor of the big vehicles is because they are not making money out of its small cars. They are keeping the Mustang and one Focus model in the North America.

The Europe and UK market is bigger for Ford in terms of small cars. Europeans are not fond of SUVs. Europeans love their Fiesta STs, Focus STs, and Focus RS but these three come in MT tranny.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I think there is a global warranty coverage among impacted units. There is a site where you can check if your Ford car with a DCT tranny is covered or not.

For the 2009-2011 Focus TDCi, its wet-clutch DCT tranny is different from the dry-clutch DCT tranny used in the Fiesta, Ecosport, and 2012-2014 Focus.
    Do you still have the site? Hindi ako sinasagot ng FORD PH eh if covered ba ng extended warranty yung VIN ko. Hay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Do you still have the site? Hindi ako sinasagot ng FORD PH eh if covered ba ng extended warranty yung VIN ko. Hay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hanapin ko muna ha. Alam ko parang VIN check ito.
    Last edited by Egan101; May 7th, 2018 at 08:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Here's the Ford website where you can search if your car's VIN is listed for recall

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Unfortunately the recall website accepts VIN for cars sold at the US only. I entered my 2013 Fiesta VIN and got an error message instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Here's the Ford website where you can search if your car's VIN is listed for recall

Recall Notices | Services | Official Ford Owner Site

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hope the Filipino owners follow suit....

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-problems.html

FOCUS

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Let's wait for the outcome of the legal case against Ford at Thailand:

Ford Thailand faces B24m class action suit | Bangkok Post: news

The users of Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus and Ford EcoSport filed the charges in April last year against four of Ford’s subsidiaries -- Ford Motor Company (Thailand) Co Ltd, Ford Sales and Services (Thailand) Co Ltd, Ford Operations (Thailand) Co Ltd and Ford Services (Thailand) Co Ltd. They accused the companies of selling unsafe products due to substandard production and distribution and of false advertising.

At the time, 10 owners, representing 421 others, filed the case, seeking damages totalling 24.7 million baht. After a settlement, 113 withdrew, leaving 308 as plaintiffs in the case.

The court scheduled to decide whether to accept the case on Monday.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Can anyone redirect me if there is an existing thread on ford everest transmission problem or class suit related to this problem.. newbie here.. owner of ford everest trend 2017 with 19k mileage. Ford tarlac said they will replace the transmission and will take 1 1/2 months.. with its mileage.. its hard to accept that my vehicle needs to be repaired since i bought it brand new. Pls help me find some related thread. Thank you in advance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Class action filed against Ford's Powershift Transmission