New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    there could be some juice left, that's what sir niky is saying. easiest thing to do is to try another battery

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ok. we'll try checking the battery.

but shouldn't the ignition warning lamp (the battery-looking lamp) be ON if there's something wrong with the battery? 'cause it ain't ON.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    that idiot light should turn off when the car is running, it should be on when not yet started.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moejun2 View Post
    that idiot light should turn off when the car is running, it should be on when not yet started.
    it's ON when i'm attempting to start the car... then it turns OFF. only the check engine warning lamp remains ON.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    hmmm. the idiot light on mine goes off only when the engine has started. it remains on if there's a problem with the charging system (alternator or battery). again i could be wrong here, just trying to help.

anyways, try using another battery. if same thing happens, have the error codes scanned.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    update.

had my battery checked by motolite technician. battery's working fine.

tried starting the again but this time i pump a bit of gas while doing so... it started for just a second then it died down again.

*sigh*

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    time to have it towed to the casa for scanning. thank God for comprehensive insurance eh?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post
    update.

had my battery checked by motolite technician. battery's working fine.

tried starting the again but this time i pump a bit of gas while doing so... it started for just a second then it died down again.

*sigh*
    Sounds like a pump issue, then... no choice but to have it towed to the casa.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [update]

after having our batteries checked (it was working fine), we called-in a ford technician for checking.

initially assessment - based on our discussion over the phone - was our keys need re-programming. apparently, the immobilizer was kicking-in preventing the engine to start.

true, enough... after hooking-up a laptop to our focus, it shows that our car was immobilized - the chip in our keys was not being detected. so the ford technician re-programmed our keys. but then, it still won't work. tried reprogramming again... but still our car won't start.

the ford technician then check our transponder cable. disconnected and reconnected it. tried starting the engine... voila! it started!

conclusion: loose transponder cable. signal does not reach the car's computer hence the immobilizer kicking-in.

had to bring our car to casa for wire tracing just to make sure the cable won't get loose again.

whew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
[car won't start] engine warning lamp