New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    While all car models have their own pros and cons, what would be the best thing about the Ford Lynx Ghia 2000 that makes it worth buying for those looking for a used car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... not the negatives. eh? But then, there are easy solutions to the negatives, and it's all over the board.

The positives: The Ghia has the most amount of kit for your money. It's reasonably quick, has good space, a nice stereo system (at least the last Lynxes had a good stereo, don't know about the 00's), a nice interior and an understated and inoffensively handsome exterior.

But best of all, it's a Lynx. True to the genes inherited from the Familia/323, it's one of the most engaging front-wheel drive cars you can drive. Even a stock 1.3 gives you cause for joy if you find the right kind of twisty, challenging road to run it on.

In recent years, the Protege/Lynx platform has been showered with praise and has been compared very favorably against the mighty EK Civic (the last true front double wishbone Civic) in terms of driving feel and handling. There's a reason the Tuason Racing School campaigned Lynxes until just last year.

The Lynx may not have the bulletproof reliability of the Corolla or Civic, but properly cared for and modified, the TRS Lynxes managed to survive three years of rugged use. During the track day we had last year, we even got some tips on how to avoid some of the common bugbears of modified Lynxes.

Basically, it all boils down to passion. That's something the Civic had with the EK and lost with the 7th Gen. That's something both the 323 and the Lynx have in spades.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    madali ba maintance ang ford lynz..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Parts are available at a number of shops (check on fordclubph.com for some of them). Prices are comparable to Sentra and Lancer parts.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I've had my Ford Lynx Ghia since 2002 and it still is a very nice car, generally very good handling, still powerful, and with affordable maintainance at Ford Libis. Sadly, resale value is very low, that's why i'm not selling it even if i have a new car now. It is a very reliable second car.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's been Ford/Mazda's curse since time immemorial.

It's great for boyracers buying their first 323 or Lynx... not so good for us original owners. But then, I'm the type of guy who doesn't like selling cars at all... so it doesn't matter much to me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    That's been Ford/Mazda's curse since time immemorial.

It's great for boyracers buying their first 323 or Lynx... not so good for us original owners. But then, I'm the type of guy who doesn't like selling cars at all... so it doesn't matter much to me.
    bro, I tried selling my lynx 1.3 last Aug., 2005 - the first time i did so - and i got disappointed coz the buyer wanted a TOYOTA brand! ... so just like you
    my baby lynx will be with me for years to come ....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    one sentence: horrible second-hand prices which is not deserved given the car's reliability, brand, and kit.

good for the 2nd owner, bad for the 1st.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i owned 2003 lynx ghia since jan03..ok naman sya naka13thou na km reading..normal wear & tear sa loob at labas pero hindi pa ko tinirik..bihira kasi gamitin pang coding lang at kung nasa pinas ako for my leave cycle..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i jst bought a 2k1 lynx ghia. so far im enjoying driving my new ride.
    kaya lang i want my front and tail light changed. may crck kc. also the bumper. may mga makukunan ba ako ng surplus??? sa banawe kaya meron?
    first time ko mag alaga ng ford.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Calling Ford Lynx owners!! For you, what's the best thing about a Ford Lynx?