Quote Originally Posted by ninja_cool
    bale kasi 15klm ang office namin from sa bahay namin. kung balikan 30klm
    expy fuel consumption: 5 km/L

(31 pesos/L) times (30 km) divided by (5 km/L) = 186 pesos/day

not bad...

====

hi-lux fuel consumption: 8 km/L

(27 pesos/L) times (30 km) divided by (8 km/L) = 101.25 pesos/day

so... for an extra 84.75 pesos/day you get to ride in a full-size SUV that can also seat 7 people comfortably.

dapat kasi i quantify yung sinasabing "malakas" or "matipid" sa gas... hirap pag laging guestimate...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi-Lux is more reliable (definitely), consumes less fuel (obviously), and will be easier and cheaper to maintain. Exped may be more attractive, more comfortable and faster, but nothing more.

But if you can wait for a month or so, the Fortuner should come out. It's simply of Hi-Lux genetics, but carries people instead of cargo at the back. Just determine your needs and choose the appropriate Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Exped may be more attractive, more comfortable and faster, but nothing more.
    how about these safety features in the Expy: ABS, EBD, LSD, dual airbags, rear disc brakes?

seems that Toyota is still stingy on Filipino consumers (and after making them #1 after all these years)...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nothing beats a brand new auto. I say go with the hi-lux. However, if you can wait and spare more money, Go with the coming Toyota Fortuner. ^_^

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    honga..bago na kunin mo..mahirap manghula kung gano ka efficient magmaintain ang mga previous owners..

hilux dinko..

mazdamazda: How about maintenance costs?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    mazdamazda: How about maintenance costs?
    that is still up in the air.

no firsthand feedback here from either a Hi-Lux or Expy owner (heck, there is not even a single new Hi-Lux owner here to boot).

though it seems that they Expy owners here are quite happy with their rides...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not very fond of Expys but I do have one for sale. It's a 2002 model, white, with SVT wheels and performance tires. 6500 kms on the odo. Owner selling for Php1.55M. Reluctant sale, owner is eyeing another vehicle kasi and he does not have the space for it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_cool
    sir ano po yung bling bling na mags na yun?
    eto po, bling blings

and they are for sale. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti kung 5 km/L yung exped. our venture gets 5 km/L in the city, and i think that's already quite acceptable for an engine of that size.

if you're going to use the vehicle as a daily driver, nakupo, if i were you, the fuel costs would really give me pause. it's a big consideration for me, personally. yung venture namin, mga 1,300 to 1,800 yung gas nun every week . yikes!

pero kung occasional use lang, or as a secondary vehicle, or if you're going to use it in light traffic, okay na rin yung malaking gas-fed vehicle. gas power is still more comfortable than the typical CRDi diesel, so sulit na rin.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Brnd new Hi-lux or 2nd Hand 02 or 03 Expedition