New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 185 of 186 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1858
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Torque converter yung 6 speed ng Focus Ecoboost namin. I specifically avoided Ford's DCT. And now it still shifts like the day we drove it out of casa. No slightest hint of shuddering or slipping.
    Misunderstood your reply. I thought you mentioned your (Ecoboost - original typo) Ecosport with a DCT. Didn't notice the transmission model you posted

Typo. It shouldn't be Ecoboost. It should be Ecosport. haha! Apologies

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Misunderstood your reply. I thought you mentioned your Ecoboost with a DCT. Didn't notice the transmission model you posted
    The Focus 1.5L Ecoboost never came with a DCT. It had the same tranny as the Escape of the same era. The newer Ecosport also has a 6-speed AT tranny.

The previous gen Focus (1.6L and 2.0L NA) had the DCT like the Fiesta and Ecosport. Prior to that, the Focus TDI AT had the wet clutch DCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Focus 1.5L Ecoboost never came with a DCT. It had the same tranny as the Escape of the same era. The newer Ecosport also has a 6-speed AT tranny.

The previous gen Focus (1.6L and 2.0L NA) had the DCT like the Fiesta and Ecosport. Prior to that, the Focus TDI AT had the wet clutch DCT.

Uncle had the 2.0 Focus DCT model hatchback body based on the "Euro design" back when Ford still owned Mazda and it had a Mazda 3 "twin". I was living with them then so I drove for them and also sometimes monitor if need to have PMS done for that and their Fiesta which they eventually also bought with the original 3 year good experience with the Focus ownership but... was downhill after that.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    4 years old (technically 5) na yung Focus Ecoboost namin, but the 6F35 6-speed still shifts as smooth as butter even if the ATF has not been replaced yet.
    ----

Apologies. Can delete this post. Di nagregister sa utak ko na Focus Ecoboost pala tinype mo. I kept registering it as Ecosport in my mind when i was replying.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

The facelifted Ecosport I believe is equipped with the 6F15, a 6 speed torque converter sourced from China. Doesn’t seem to have any problems I have heard of.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    update on the ecosport. Called Ford Alabang, turns out that the unit is included in extended warranty of the transmission but will depend on their diagnosis.

unit will be towed tomorrow to Ford alabang. per their service agent, unit will be checked by Saturday since they are already full for tomorrow.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    update on the issue of the ecosport.

since the transmission error occurred, i used my cheap OBD scanner prior calling Ford Alabang. OBD scanner showed P0720 code which is output speed sensor circuit. ecosport lost its forward but reverse still working. Customer service at Ford said that there is an extended warranty for the transmission but it will depend on their findings if it will qualify.

then i had the car towed to Ford Alabang for diagnostics. i appreciate Ford Alabang customer service as they are very accommodating and easy to talk with.. they gave me updates thru text and phone call.

diagnostics revealed the same issue "output shaft sensor" error.

i thought its only a cheap fix but lo and behold.. they will really try to "insert" jobs not directly related to the problem.. and that "GOLD" pricing kicks in..

diagnostics amounted to 4k pesos, speed sensor at 5k pesos and installation for a whopping 5k pesos... OMG.. if any consolation, they offered 10% discount for cash straight payment..

what really irked me is they included an Under Chassis Rust Proofing for 10k pesos since they noticed formation of "rust".. so for an ordinary customer, without really knowing the car will give in and pay for the unnecessary rust proofing..

so in short, the car is running fine again.. for just 1 sensor and 15k pesos spent...

i wish manufacturers will make cars drivable even with a failed sensor, at least in limp mode.. so you can still bring the car to the nearest stop or gas station.. but this car lost its Drive for a failed output shaft sensor..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    update on the issue of the ecosport.

since the transmission error occurred, i used my cheap OBD scanner prior calling Ford Alabang. OBD scanner showed P0720 code which is output speed sensor circuit. ecosport lost its forward but reverse still working. Customer service at Ford said that there is an extended warranty for the transmission but it will depend on their findings if it will qualify.

then i had the car towed to Ford Alabang for diagnostics. i appreciate Ford Alabang customer service as they are very accommodating and easy to talk with.. they gave me updates thru text and phone call.

diagnostics revealed the same issue "output shaft sensor" error.

i thought its only a cheap fix but lo and behold.. they will really try to "insert" jobs not directly related to the problem.. and that "GOLD" pricing kicks in..

diagnostics amounted to 4k pesos, speed sensor at 5k pesos and installation for a whopping 5k pesos... OMG.. if any consolation, they offered 10% discount for cash straight payment..

what really irked me is they included an Under Chassis Rust Proofing for 10k pesos since they noticed formation of "rust".. so for an ordinary customer, without really knowing the car will give in and pay for the unnecessary rust proofing..

so in short, the car is running fine again.. for just 1 sensor and 15k pesos spent...

i wish manufacturers will make cars drivable even with a failed sensor, at least in limp mode.. so you can still bring the car to the nearest stop or gas station.. but this car lost its Drive for a failed output shaft sensor..
    Mahal nga ng diagnostic at installation cost. Actually pati speed sensor mahal din, at least may warranty.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Grabe patong! If you didn't opt out of that underbody stuff 25k bayad to fix a P2.2k part.

2019 Ford EcoSport Automatic Transmission Output Shaft Speed Sensor - Transmission - Motorcraft - PartsGeek

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mahal nga ng diagnostic at installation cost. Actually pati speed sensor mahal din, at least may warranty.
    sadly sir, its not covered by warranty since its a 2015 model.. now my tita is considering to sell the car.. maybe she lost confidence na due to what happened.. the car only clocked 25k kms

so she called ford alabang and asked them if they will buy her car.. sales manager went to her house and offered 270k.. for 2015 ford ecosport with 25k kms..

the sales manager admitted that the car is included with their extended warranty for the faulty dct but with specific error codes.. unfortunately PO720 is not included..

The All New Ford Eco-Sport