New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well they are paying those loans back, its just a short term bridge loan... Unlike GM who just gave their shareholders and bondholders the FU and take federal money and gave the US taxpayers a stake instead on the new Government Motors...

If you own old GM stocks or old GM bonds those are worthless now cause GM can't honor them and went bust.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Getting Alan Mulally from the aerospace industry to lead them is the best thing Ford has done in the past few decades.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1739804687&__source=yahoo|he adline|quote|video|&par=yahoo

Jim Cramer gets toured by Alan Mulally in a Ford Plant... Bill Ford (the great grand son) and Mark Fields (President of the Ford Americas) is also on tandem... Star strucked si Jim Cramer!
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 13th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ford cars I'd like to see here:

1) Mondeo
    2) F-150
    3) Ka
    4) Fusion Hybrid
    5) Taurus SHO
    6) Raptor
    7) Mustang
    8) RS and ST!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Ford cars I'd like to see here:

1) Mondeo
    2) F-150
    3) Ka
    4) Fusion Hybrid
    5) Taurus SHO
    6) Raptor
    7) Mustang
    8) RS and ST!
    Nice list. You forgot the Fiesta ECOnetic...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    A lot of people are not noticing this, but this just another Alan Mulally genius...

Other car makers like Nissan and GM have their all electric vehicles like the Leaf and the Volt as a separate and independent platform... What if they fail? Then magastos to retool the plants to produce something else, let alone the re training of workforce...

Alan Mulally hedges his bets. Their electric car belongs to the Focus platform... So if for some reason electric vehicles don't succeed then the Focus electric plant can easily swap production into Focus petrol or diesel or even other Ford C platform vehicles with minimal cost to them...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    A lot of people are not noticing this, but this just another Alan Mulally genius...

Other car makers like Nissan and GM have their all electric vehicles like the Leaf and the Volt as a separate and independent platform... What if they fail? Then magastos to retool the plants to produce something else, let alone the re training of workforce...

Alan Mulally hedges his bets. Their electric car belongs to the Focus platform... So if for some reason electric vehicles don't succeed then the Focus electric plant can easily swap production into Focus petrol or diesel or even other Ford C platform vehicles with minimal cost to them...
    The real Genius is TOYOTA having sold 2,500,000 units of their Hybrid Prius even before Ford has sold its first hybrid Focus.

Yan ang MAGALING. World Pioneer sila sa Hybrids. Everyone else, including Ford is an also-ran.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    The real Genius is TOYOTA having sols 2,500,000 units of their Hybrid Prius even before Ford has sold its first hybrid Focus.

Yan ang MAGALING. World Pioneer sila sa Hybrids.
    There is no hybrid Focus... The electric Focus is a pure electric vehicle wala syang internal combustion engine like the Prius which has 2 engines...

And Toyota is in pain right now. Stock is down 6%, losing market share in the US and massive recalls. I rather be Ford than Toyota right now... I look at the future and not the past cause that's how you make money.

I dare you to buy Toyota stocks!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    And Toyota is in pain right now. Stock is down 6%, losing market share in the US and massive recalls. I rather be Ford than Toyota right now... I look at the future and not the past cause that's how you make money.

I dare you to buy Toyota stocks!
    Amateur stock buyers like you look at the everyday ups and down of the stock price.

Your excitement over the Ford stocks, telling everyone here that you made money Blah Blah Blah shows that you are a greenhorn investor. Kumita lang ng Konti ang Yabang na.

Our family made an good investment in GOOGLE in its IPO, did you ever hear me rave about the two genius Billionaire founders?

Toyota's problem can happen to any big successful corporation. A hiccup that everyone knows they will overcome. Toyota remains the Biggest and most Profitable car company in the World for a long time to come.
    Last edited by hein; January 14th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post

Our family made an good investment in GOOGLE in its IPO, did you ever hear me rave about the two genius Billionaire founders?
    Hahaha so you "genius" stock picker bought GOOGLE and held to it even during the 2008 crisis?? Not so genius afterall... You could have sold it then buy it again after the rebound... Short term or long term whatever, making money has no time frame... And Ford is no short term I tell you, although it has a good short term run its long term is also good!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Alan Mullaly: Businessperson of the Year