New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,719
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    In that sense, it makes little sense to bring it here.
    The main reason I can think of is its design is newer.

    The current Territory's design language still carries traces of Ford's 2010s design language like the one used by the EcoSport.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    A Ford Equator Sport being a rebadged as a Ford Territory means it's technically still a Ford.
    agree. its still a Ford here which means it will be supported by Ford's network which is the 3rd biggest locally (as of Nov 2020)

    *Ford's casa are not the best in the world, its one of the reasons why we decided not to get a Territory, but 50 is 50. So there should be a dealership somewhere when you need it.

    If you ask me, if JMC released the Territory locally, we wont be having this thread. That Ford badge could also be the only reason why the Territory outsold the Coolray last year.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The main reason I can think of is its design is newer.

    The current Territory's design language still carries traces of Ford's 2010s design language like the one used by the EcoSport.
    another reason I can think if is that it doesn't make sense for JMC to continue building the old model for the Philippine market only.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,030

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,719
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    If you ask me, if JMC released the Territory locally, we wont be having this thread. That Ford badge could also be the only reason why the Territory outsold the Coolray last year.
    Another reason too is its bigger size and comfort oriented suspension (Technically what we need for Philippine roads).

    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    another reason I can think if is that it doesn't make sense for JMC to continue building the old model for the Philippine market only.
    In China they're known to overlap more than one generation of similar models.
    Last edited by AG4; May 2nd, 2022 at 06:25 PM.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Another reason too is its bigger size and comfort oriented suspension (Technically what we need for Philippine roads).
    possible. yung officemate ko bought a Coolray over the Territory kasi sobrang lambot and gaan daw nung Territory (he was given a weekend to test the car)

    pero I've met a lot of people who bought the Territory just because they know someone "big time" (boss etc) who drives an Everest, Expedition/F-150 and Ranger/Raptor -> nginingitian na lang namin sila.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    #17
    How much bigger is the Equator Sport over the current Ford Territory? | TopGear PH

    The new Equator Sport measures 4,630mm long, 1,935mm wide, and 1,706mm tall, this would make it 50mm longer, 1mm narrower, and 32mm taller than the Territory. The Equator Sport rides on a 2,726mm wheelbase, which is just 10mm increase over the Territory’s.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,719
    #18
    Equator Sport when it was unveiled in China late last year. (Back then it was assumed to be a China-only model)

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27,620
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Equator Sport when it was unveiled in China late last year. (Back then it was assumed to be a China-only model)
    looks better. that guy sounds like hes got the special chinese bat virus

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,719
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    looks better. that guy sounds like hes got the special chinese bat virus
    I like the new design language.

    I think he really sounds like that. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
(2023) Ford Territory - rumor thread